Senior Data Engineer
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
It’s an exciting time for First Choice as the business looks ahead to a bright future with a bold new strategy. We are on the search for motivated, talented people with a curious outlook, energetic mind-set and can do attitude to join us and help bring the brand to life for our colleagues,customers and collaborators.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the FirstChoice technology team which Build, Run and Maintain multiple holiday e-commerce websites.
The Senior Data Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art data engineering practices. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Senior Data Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
Please note the closing date for applications is: Sunday 10th December
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Senior Data Engineer, you are a go-to person working as part of a cross-functional team that enables data engineering skills and capabilities across the FirstChoice platform and websites. Being an enthusiast in data engineering, with an advanced DevSecOps mindset, you’ll use your excellent collaboration skills to work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs with full responsibility for its data flows, from design to operation. You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
- You will use your deep technical skills to work closely with your colleagues to ensure an optimal data delivery architecture which is consistent throughout ongoing highly complex projects. You will work on data collection, data pipelines, data delivery to other systems. With your advanced skillset for understanding and solving problems you are able to take full ownership of complex topics or multi-faceted initiatives and outcomes panning across your domain.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the domain’s teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively. You take part in Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives to grow your experience. You regularly coach, guide and develop more junior colleagues.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Experienced in design, implementation and use of different database structures
- Outstanding SQL and data profiling skills and experience with building ETL/ELT pipelines (e.g. SSIS)
- Strong hands-on experience with modern data storage systems (e.g. AWS RDS, Aurora, AWS S3, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, SOLR and NoSQL)
- On the spot conversion of high-level business & technical requirements into technical specs
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration, and great teams
- Compelling coaching and training skills for imparting professional software engineering skills
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.