Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Cloud Engineer - Flight & Drive (m/f/d)
Luton, Vereinigtes Königreich
Digital & Technology
*The position is based in Hanover / Germany, but can also be managed remotley from another city in Germany or from one of our EU / UK locations.
*Feel free to apply in English or German.*
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the newly formed Flight & Drive Domain technology organisation.
The Cloud Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art cloud engineering practices. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Cloud Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
About The Position
As a Cloud Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that enables cloud engineering skills and capabilities across TUI. Being an enthusiast in cloud engineering with a DevSecOps mindset, you’ll use your excellent collaboration skills to work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs.
- You will work with your team to shape engineering processes and practices, promote quality-first ethos, champion continuous improvement and technical excellence.
- You will contribute to the delivery of technical solutions and will work within a Product team to ensure the correct solution is engineered, addressing the technical needs and requirements of the business.
- You will achieve this by delivering changes across the IT stack in collaboration with Agile delivery teams, using cloud technologies and common automation, ensuring successful deliverables within agreed time and quality targets.
- You will diligently care about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects. With your team you will design and implement secure, scalable, cloud-native solutions and be responsible for driving architecture, design, development, security and operations.
- You will use your strong technical skills to work with your colleagues to improve expertise in cloud solution architectures, infrastructure-as-code approaches, cloud-focused DevSecOps capabilities, tooling, processes, ways of working and the continuous improvement of CI/CD and automation. To achieve this, you will be required to understand the coding standards defined within TUI, AWS software technologies and UI standards to create successful and quality deliverables.
- You will need to ensure that software development and delivery is consistent. You will take proactive corrective action where required, for example quality improvement of the software code and improving automation to enhance software delivery.
- You have a proven record in delivering cloud enablement services to teams, supporting them in their adoption of the AWS (or other) cloud platform, with a strong focus on platform provisioning and configuration, onboarding and consultation, well-architected, operational health, platform security, FinOps services and education & training.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the different teams in the IT Domains, relevant Practice teams as well as Group Enabler teams you will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- Applied knowledge of working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment
- Good skill set for understanding and solving problems spanning one or more teams/areas with appropriate quality and quantity
- Ability to own large pieces of work, often with team-wide or even cross-team impact.
- Proven hands-on experience with AWS and in designing and implementing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution architecture, using a range of tools and services, infrastructure-as-code, DevSecOps and security engineering practices
- Expected to define and maintain standards, best practices for managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) resources and ensuring teams follow appropriate processes
- Systems thinker, experienced in improving ways of working and introducing new practices in a large organisation and across multiple teams
- Active member within Communities of Practice
- Strong programming skills to work with multiple software development technologies
- Strong understanding of scripting languages
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Strong knowledge of networking technologies, e.g. IP, DNS, firewalling, load-balancing and VPNs
- Associate level or higher AWS certification
- Up-to-date knowledge of cybersecurity threats, current best practices, threat modelling and risk mitigation techniques
- Deep experience in designing secure, highly available, distributed applications and in secure coding practices in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
• Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
• Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
• Attractive compensation package
• Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
• Flexible working environment
• International career and development opportunities
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Fragen zum Job? Ich beantworte sie gerne.
Bitte beachten: Ausschließlich für Rückfragen. Bewerbungen werden nur online über das Bewerberportal angenommen.