Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependent on Local Contract
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Enablers and Colleague Compute are global teams within TUI technology responsible for the provision of colleague based services and Cloud and On Premise Infrastructure capabilities. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
The Agile Coach is a practitioner and a passionate advocate of agile practices that lives by agile values and takes on new challenges with an agile mind-set. The Agile Coach is a key role in supporting our Agile Journey and is responsible for creating, aligning and promoting new practices and methodologies across various levels of the organisation to help the Enablers and Colleague Compute teams to continuously improve how they work.
About the job:
As an Agile Coach you will be the catalyst for driving and supporting the Agile journey by creating, aligning and promoting the “agile vision” together with the leadership team. You will be working with colleagues within the Domain’s Practice Teams but focusing most of your energy on supporting cross-functional agile teams in multiple markets. You will use your deep knowledge and hands-on experience with a range of agile and lean practices to guide the evolution of the agile mindset on leadership and Engineering levels and the development of a culture of trust and transparency.
As a passionate Agile-Lean practitioner, and thanks to your excellent facilitation and partnering skills, you will effectively support the implementation of agile ways-of-working and methodologies on all levels of the domain. In addition, you will advance ‘good-practices’ including scaling approaches to fit best to TUI’s needs. You will be responsible for participating in, organising, and facilitating communities of practice to help cultivate lean and agile thinking. As an experienced practitioner, you regularly conduct and contribute to agile, technology and digital events internally and externally. You are also an active contributor to the global TUI agile community.
You possess the ability to adjust your coaching style, attitude and situational approach based on the specific context, situation or priorities. You lead by example. You listen to understand, not to answer. You are tough on the problem, but kind to the people. You inspire to change, and never use force.
As an experienced coach and a skilled teacher, one of the key aspects of the Agile Coach role is to design, implement and conduct agile trainings and workshops. Being a passionate advocate of modern agile practices, you will create, enhance, and expand the “Agile Tool Kit” to align on and collaborate on supporting activities to offer various types of services on a team or domain level. In this role, one of your key responsibilities is consulting, coaching and mentoring. You will work with teams and across domains with stakeholders and leaders to help them adopt the mindset and practices needed to advance the organisation in the Agile evolution. This includes peer-consulting with other Agile Coaches.
You will be responsible for fostering the mindset change to customer centricity and create value for business, customers and users. You will collaborate closely to help experiment with new approaches, techniques, tools and ideas in order to achieve the agreed OKRs/goals. You will support the change to a ‘continuously learning’ organisation on all levels by focusing on enabling effective decision making and fostering a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
In order to accelerate the overall Agile evolution you will be responsible for developing and monitoring metrics to track progress of agile adoption and maturity. You will be supporting the identification, recruitment and the onboarding process of new talent into your team.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Deep and practical knowledge of and expertise in agile delivery practices, passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration, and great teams
- Ability to think strategically and holistic: understand the bigger picture, analyse complex problems, and quickly evaluate options to meet business expectations.
- Experience in driving organisational change at a team, domain, and leadership level
- Good understanding of and hands-on experience with a range of agile frameworks, methods, and tools (e.g., OKR, Scrum, Kanban, Design Thinking) and their application to a varied range of contexts.
- Systems thinker, experienced in improving ways of working and introducing new practices in a large organisation and across multiple teams
- Practitioner in all things agile, active member of the global agile community
- Excellent coaching, facilitation and communication skills, reflective observer.
- Open minded team player with excellent situational and cultural awareness.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
- Proficient English is required
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here