Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependent on local contract
|TUI Business:||Group IT|
|Hours per week:||Dependent on local contract|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
As an iOS Developer you’ll be working within cross-functional team of designers, developers and testers. Delivering across the entire app life cycle, from concept/design/build/deploy/test, right through to release to app stores and support.
Our aim is to enable intuitive and seamless digital customer and colleague experiences through innovative technology solutions. Based in London, you will work in our Mobility Hub which encompasses Creative, Product, Commercial, Analytics, Architecture & Development and QA functions. The Mobility Hub has been set up with the remit to shape the group wide strategy and deliver world class digital products for personalised and context aware consumer service across all touch points.
In 2 years, we have moved from a standing start to having a multi award winning app that has already had more than 2 million downloads, the TUI Digital Assistant (TDA), rolled out to over 8 countries across 6 different languages and being used by more than 250,000 customers every month. This is just the beginning – we are about to embark on a multi-year plan to see the evolution of our TDA from where it is today to being a feature-rich app the likes of which our industry has never seen, and that customers will never have experienced – this is where we need your help.
ABOUT THE JOB
As an iOS Developer you will develop and extend the reach of our highly-rated existing applications, while helping to define the roadmap for future TUI apps. This will include collaborating with product owners and design colleagues to deliver inspirational travel apps, and continue to optimise their performance post release
A key part of this role will be to develop and produce functional solutions with quality designs and code in accordance to architecture design standards, code standards and environment configuration management. You will also build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects and create and maintain a robust technical framework to support the apps
Within this role you will also create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort. You will also seek continual improvements in delivery with the team to drive efficiency and productivity
- iOS development (iOS SDK, Xcode, ObjectiveC, Swift,)
- Experience writing apps using SwiftUI and Combine
- Experience using MVVM and familiarity with other iOS Architecture patterns
- A good understanding of iOS UX/UI guidelines/best practices and the ability to engage with the creative team to deliver pragmatic solutions, balancing design, quality and velocity
- Flair for clean code, reusability, testability and readability (SOLID, TDD,)
- Experience of writing User Interface Tests using XCUITests
- Solid understanding and practical knowledge of the full mobile development and application lifecycle
- Experience with mobile development issues related to performance optimisation, caching, security and native components / SDK’s
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation and external 3rd parties / suppliers
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.