Project Manager - Airline (Fixed Term Contract)
Luton, United Kingdom
We are currently looking for a number of business project managers who thrive in a complex organisation environment. Someone who loves a challenge and who is equally comfortable with the rigours of project management whilst using excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills to engage and achieve co-operation from stakeholders across Europe. As a Project Manager for the TUI Airline Transformation & Change team, you will support the delivery of the TUI Airline Transformation Programme by providing meaningful, high quality analysis which would support the decision-making process and drive the implementation of selected projects as your responsibility.
Currently the TUI Airline portfolio plans to deliver significant recurrent EBITA benefits, by achieving structure, scale, and process efficiencies across 5 European Airlines. Due to the size and the complexity of the improvement programme, central support and steering is essential for the delivery performance and for ensuring good governance throughout the lifecycle.
Due to the current and mid-term focus of our transformation, we would be especially interested in Project Managers who have existing exposure from within the Aviation sector, to any of the following areas of specialism:
- Supplier Management and Procurement
- Safety, Security and Compliance
- Governance/Programme Management.
With the project-based nature of this role, we are happy to consider a hybrid working model and provide flexibility where possible. Of course, there will be times when being in the office just makes sense and the role will also require occasional travel. This role can be based in Luton, Stockholm, Rijswijk, Zaventem or Hannover.
These opportunities are initially offered on a Fixed Term Contract basis for 12 months with the possibility of being extended or potentially converted to permanent positions.
Applications close 27 January 2022
ABOUT THE JOB
- Manage the implementation progress of projects within TUI Airline working closely with the programme, business sponsors, airlines and source market leads – providing support and challenge as necessary. You will be asked to provide strategic input into the development of the business and offer challenge where required to maximise the potential of the future platform
- Accountability for the overall project plan, obtaining input from all workstream leads as appropriate. In addition, you will be responsible to support the preparation of regular reporting of operational (and financial) KPI for the various board meetings and assist with the preparation of the risk report if needed
- Develop project delivery strategy, managing dependencies and capturing available synergies. You will have accountability for the project plan, and will manage projects in a manner that delivers the outputs needed to support the intended value of the project business case
- Identify, resolve and escalate as appropriate any issues / risks to delivery, and manage dependencies tightly to ensure momentum is not lost
- Ensure that appropriate project governance is in place, and report into those governance groups on a regular basis with recommendations on any required decisions, as well as on the status of risk and dependencies. We promote a proactive escalation culture on the project and will expect the Project Manager role to lead the way on this
- Make complex issues understandable for all stakeholders, you will prepare for and attend key stakeholder forums including Boards and Steering Group meetings. From time to time you may be required to develop business cases that require approval of the Group Executive Committee and the Airline Board ensuring that you adequately ‘tell the story’ of the business direction
- Ensure high delivery standards and performance of project teams formed by internal employees, contractors and external suppliers
- Embrace and input into the wider Group Airline strategy to ensure the requirements for our source markets, customers and airlines are met and that you are aligned to the wider vision in terms of business model and IT infrastructure.
- Project management experience within the Aviation sector with a focus in any of the following areas will be highly regarded: Supplier Management & Procurement; Safety, Security & Compliance; Finance; or Governance/Programme Management
- Ability to think strategically and commercially: see the bigger picture, analyse complex problems and quickly evaluate options to meet business expectations
- Use of excellent analytical skills in consideration, evaluation and making business case decisions
- Understand both internal and external customer needs, balancing these with commercial drivers
- Good project management experience and knowledge of project management principles preferably in a cross-cultural environment – MSP Practitioner and PRINCE2 Practitioner qualifications desirable
- Good communicator with the capability to interact, facilitate and influence a diverse group of stakeholders and satisfy the information needs
- Demonstrable experience of building consensus around change, influencing multiple stakeholders and managing conflicting agendas
- Ability to challenge, engage, negotiate and inspire project team members, peers and stakeholders at all levels both inside and outside the division, across multiple markets within Europe and internationally as required
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity, being able to quickly adapt to changes in priority
- Strong facilitation skills
- Experience of business case development and benefits management
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Team player with a collaborative and supportive approach and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to deliver in a multi-site cross cultural complex consensus driven organisation
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
Your application is important to us and we aim to get back to you shortly after the closing date
Please note benefits may vary dependant on location.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
UK & I Head Office Talent Acquisition Team
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.