Airline IT System Manager (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Depends on local regulations
*The position is based in Hanover / Germany, but can also be managed remotely from another city in Germany or from one of our EU / UK locations.*
*Feel free to apply in English or German.*
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will represent IT on various project and business steering boards, ensuring high visibility of progress and take a proactive leadership role in resolving business needs, risks and issues
- You’re responsible for the supplier management for the delivery of the airport software including and not limited to connectivity suppliers, and software suppliers such as kiosks and weight balance solutions
- This includes reviewing financials for estimations and forecasting of developments
- As the Airport IT delivery Manager you will effectively manage the IT delivery for new projects and enhancements, managing the solution design, build, test and implementation activities
- You will be responsible in continuously reviewing process to support in the reduction of error and improving the customer experience in the customer digital journey through the airport
- Active co-design of the innovative “Digital Platform” of the Digital customer journey through the airport
- Independent adaptation and configuration of the solutions used in daily operations
- You will collaboration in interdisciplinary teams in a central function within the company
- Consulting diverse stakeholders
- Taking accountability and driving actions through to resolution
- Whether you have a degree or professional training in IT is secondary to us – what is important to us is your passion and affinity for working with airport software. Such check in and weight and balance software
- Experience in software development and knowledge of integrating / connecting systems via APIs are desirable
- Experience and knowledge of airport operations
- Dealing with (agile) methods for prioritization, control and structuring are just as much part of the repertoire as focusing on the product vision
- Good understanding of business processes, keen interest in PIM and content and affinity to use them optimally for the customers and companies
- Strong analytical skills while focusing on accuracy and details.
- Team player with strong organizational and problem solving skills
- High level of initiative and creativity as well as the ability to think outside the box
- Fluent English skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, adept at managing a wide range of stakeholders and the ability to demonstrate when a good job has been done and how to learn from mistakes
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working and flexible working hours: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: newWork@TUI (hybrid working) & TUI Workwide (Working from abroad)
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
- Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration with holiday bonus, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.