Luton, United Kingdom
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Within TUI Group, TUI Airline regroups all airline activities across UK, Nordics, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Morocco, France, and the Dutch Antilles. Crew Planning is a function within our airline organisation responsible for the production and onward management of all Flight and Cabin Crew Training plans and Rosters. The Standards and Compliance team are responsible for ensuring that all regulatory requirements and controls are met both in the planning and operational windows for TUI Northern Region.
As Compliance Specialist, your focus will be to ensure that our departmental processes, policies and systems are kept up to date with the latest CAA and EASA regulations and to ensure fully compliant Crew Rosters. Working with key stakeholders across the Airline directorate you’ll lead and attend regulatory meetings, coordinate our business and safety risk registers and ensure that our teams are kept aware of any regulatory changes and what this means for them.
In this role, you’ll report to the Standards and Compliance Team Leader. This opportunity is being offered on an 18 month Fixed Term Contract basis.
We are happy to consider a hybrid working model for this role with 1 – 2 days per week being based in our Luton offices. There may also be occasional travel to the Nordics required (once to twice per year)
Applications close 2 October 2022
ABOUT THE JOB
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements across the Crew Planning policies, practices, systems and procedures
- Monitor and assess changes to EASA and UK regulations relating to Crew Planning including Flight Time Limitations, Training, Cosmic Radiation and Fatigue
- Produce Management Information reports and analysis to demonstrate compliance and identify areas for attention and improvement
- Provide compliance SME input into internal and external projects
- Work closely with Flight Operations Regulatory colleagues to support the Fatigue Risk Management system for the UK AOC
- Identify, manage and lead monthly meetings for the Planning directorate in regards to compliance risks
- Respond to Crew Planning compliance related queries from internal and external stakeholders
- Undertake self-audit and support internal and external audit activity
- Support and deputise the FTL and Agreement Specialist Nordics and align processes and procedures between the AOCs as far as possible
- Excellent attention to accuracy and detail
- Highly motivated, determined and organised individual
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to lead and contribute effectively to both online and in-person meetings
- Prior knowledge of Airline Flight Limitations schemes and/or EASA regulatory framework an advantage
- Ability to collate, analyse and present data
- Some experience of project work an advantage but not essential
- Ability to work both as part of a team and individually
- Able to prioritise workload and manage your time to deliver to deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Powerpoint
- Role requires strong business English, both spoken and written
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
UK & I Head Office Talent Acquisition Team
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.