2023 Commercial Placement Programme (Ireland) - 12 months
*This is a 12-month placement which is based in Dublin, Ireland; to be eligible to apply you must be in your penultimate year of university.
* Starting salary for the role is 20,500 Euros per annum with fantastic progression and incremental roll off salary.
Want to get your career off to a flying start? The sky’s the limit with TUI. We’re the world’s number one tourism business, operating in around 180 destinations worldwide, which means limitless global opportunities for you and your future.
As part of our placement programme, you’ll spend one invaluable year working right at the heart of our business – with real responsibilities, and the chance to work on real projects. You’ll gain a unique insight into our exciting and dynamic industry, with exposure to many other functional areas and senior colleagues. You’ll have lots of fun during your time with us, and we’ll ensure you get the support you need every step of the way.
Our Commercial team help design, develop, and deliver dream holidays for our customers, delivering growth and profitability through cleverly managing price, focusing on cost, and controlling the availability of our products. From liaising with hotel buyers, to forecasting travel trends, developing holiday brochures, and pricing holidays – it’s all in a day’s work in this area of our business.
You’ll spend 12 months in Trading with our TUI Ireland team in Dublin where you’ll play a key part striving to optimise sales and profitability ensuring the right price is available to our customers at the right time.
You’ll gain a full insight into our Commercial function and wider Ireland business, supporting a portfolio of destinations and making important commercial decisions which will drive forward the strategy and profitability of TUI.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Ensure our products are available to our customers at the right price, at the right time, in line with demand and competition
- You will focus on Beach holidays, identifying the best way to sell our beds and aircraft seats to maximise profits
- You will have responsibility for a number of holiday destinations, enhancing both flight and hotel performance. You do this by reviewing and analysing sales trends, while manipulating our yield management system to make effective recommendations to deliver your trading strategy in line with market conditions – think stock market, but for holidays!
- You monitor and react to demand in the competitive holiday market, taking relevant pricing actions to maximise opportunities and overcome any barriers to sale
- Your decisions will directly drive the price offering to our customers and ultimately feed in to the overall financial performance of TUI
- Natural drive to achieve both individual and business results with a commercial focus
- Engages and collaborates with others
- Analytical approach to solving problems and creating solutions
- Strategic thinker
- Brings innovative ideas and insights
- Focuses on providing unrivalled service to our customers
- Adapts and shows resilience if faced with adversity
- Great at communicating with others
- Hunger for learning, with a minimum of Junior Certifcate grade C or GCSE grade 4 or C (or equivalent) in English and Maths, and a commitment to completing a placement year (starting in 2023) as part of your third year at university
- A passion for business development, as well an interest in the travel industry
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Private medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discovery day – time to spend working at a local charity or community
- Investment in your development
Pension scheme and life assurance.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org