At TUI, we want to work more data driven and are now looking for Data Engineers that want to join our journey!
Do you want to work in an environment where travel is the core business? Do you enjoy travelling yourself? That’s great, keep on reading!
As a Data Engineer within our Data and Analytics function, you will play a pivotal role in technically delivering our data and analytical products. You will be part of a cross functional team in the whole Nordic business, working close with our business stakeholders in order to enable truly data driven decision processes.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will manage the pipelining (collection, storage, access), engineering (cleansing, feature creation / selection) and understanding (documentation, exploration) of the data
- Acquire, create and manage innovative data assets for the team. These assets will draw from various sources – internal and external systems, flat files, databases and external APIs
- Evaluate user requests for new or re-engineered analytics and reporting solutions to determine their feasibility, time requirements and their compatibility with current systems and architecture standards
- Active participation in the development of the data lake, data marts and subsequent enhancements, including the creation of new data solutions to support development of analytic capabilities
- Interact with stakeholders regarding data availability and report format/presentation, to ensure the report provides the information the stakeholders need without compromising the report’s accuracy
- The ability to design, implement and use effective database structures to ensure data is organised effectively and ready for downstream development of data science and analytics
- Experience of Big Data platforms, enabling non-technical users to gain insights into key business metrics
- Solid understanding of data warehousing principles, concepts and best practices (e.g. ODS, Data Mart, Data Lakes, Data Vault)
- Hands on experience with modern data storage systems (e.g. S3, Snowflake, Athena, Glue)
- Feeling comfortable using Cloud Analytics Technologies, preferably AWS
- Some experience with contarnization such as Kubernetes or Docker
- Strong SQL and data profiling skills; hands-on ELT experience
- Familiarity with a traditional BI application such as Tableau, Power BI, or Spotfire
- Knowledge of data types including JSON, XML, YAML is a plus
- To be a great asset in the team you need to have a collaborative mindset
- Communication is very important for since you will belong to a team
- We encourage you to be innovative and creative to help the business grow even more
- An essential part of this role is to have a structured ways of working
- An education in software engineering, informatics, vocational education in analytics or similar is preferred
- Our business language is English, so you need to be proficient in the language
- You will work for TUI Nordics so it would be great if you are proficient in either Swedish, Norwegian or Danish
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Great location and open space offices
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts
- Online wellbeing and learning support
- Fun and dynamic work culture
- Hybrid work – we offer flexible work model where TUI employees work at least half of the time in the office
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
We are looking forward to your application and meeting you!
Do you have questions about the recruitment process, contact Farid Dadsetan at email@example.com.
In this recruitment we are only hiring people with valid work permit to work in Sweden. We do not support relocations or work visas.