2023 Aircraft Engineering Apprenticeship
Luton, United Kingdom
* Starting salary for the role is £15,357 per annum with fantastic progression and incremental roll off salary. Salary review pending.
* Currently TUI is unable to provide visa sponsorship, you must have permanent right to live and work in the UK without sponsorship to be eligible to apply. This includes applicants in possession of a Tier 4 Student visa.
Want to get your career off to a flying start? The sky’s the limit with TUI. We’re the world’s number one tourism business, operating in around 180 destinations worldwide, which means limitless global opportunities for you and your future.
As part of our Aircraft Engineering Apprenticeship, you’ll spend four invaluable years working right at the heart of our business – with real responsibilities, and the chance to work on our actual aircraft. You’ll gain a unique insight into our exciting and dynamic industry, with exposure to many other functional areas and senior colleagues. You’ll have lots of fun during your time with us, and we’ll ensure you get the support you need every step of the way.
With over 130 aircraft in our fleet, we rely on our airline to fly customers to our worldwide destinations in a safe and enjoyable way. Our Engineering & Maintenance team manages the serviceability of our aircraft to support TUI Airline’s flying schedule, working to enhance our operation and customer experience, with a focus on digitalisation. You’ll work on some of the highest tech aircraft currently in operation and ensure the safe and reliable operation of our fleet.
This programme is an opportunity for you to develop your engineering skills through a combination of classroom and workshop learning, as well as hands-on experience with live aircraft. You’ll gain a Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship – specialising in the Aircraft Maintenance Fitter/Technician pathway – alongside a Level 3 Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance, all while developing a rewarding career in our Engineering & Maintenance team. If you have studied a level 4 qualification, or above in Engineering, then unfortunately you will not be eligible for this position.
We welcome applications from those who studied outside the UK. However, a requirement of our training providers and universities is that we provide them evidence that these grades are the correct equivalent to GCSEs/A levels or Degrees. You will be required to apply for your grades to be converted and you can do this by visiting: Home Page (enic.org.uk) and applying for a statement of comparability
We recruit on a rolling basis and therefore recommend that you apply as soon as possible to be in with the best chance.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Live maintenance on TUI Airline and third-party aircraft, including minor repairs or modifications, under the direct supervision of certified licensed engineers (as you’ll be working airside, you’ll need to be able to produce a DBS certificate in order to obtain an airside pass)
- Spend time in various departments within TUI Airline to learn and understand how the supporting back-office departments work
- Learn about the importance of health, safety, and security in everything our Engineering teams do
- Develop your engineering skills and knowledge through a combination of on-the-job learning and assignments
- The knowledge and experience you’ll gain will be further enhanced through working at our different airport bases across the UK and Europe
- You’ll also work towards a Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship, specialising in the Aircraft Maintenance Fitter/Technician pathway, as well as a Level 3 Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance qualification
- Brings innovative ideas and insights
- Engages and collaborates with others
- Analytical approach to solving problems and creating solutions
- Natural drive to achieve both individual and business results with a commercial focus
- Great at communicating with others
- Adapts and shows resilience if faced with adversity
- Hunger for learning, with a minimum of GCSE grade 4 or C (or equivalent) in English and Maths, and a commitment to gaining both your Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship and your Level 3 Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance qualification
- A passion for engineering, as well an interest in the travel industry
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.