2023 Analytics and Data Science Graduate Programme
Luton, United Kingdom
*Starting salary for the role is £28,750 per annum (salary review pending) with fantastic progression and incremental roll off salary.
*Currently TUI is unable to provide visa sponsorship, you must have permanent right to live and work in the UK without sponsorship to be eligible to apply. This includes applicants in possession of a Tier 4 Student visa.
Want to get your career off to a flying start? The sky’s the limit with TUI. We’re the world’s number one tourism business, operating in around 180 destinations worldwide, which means limitless global opportunities for you and your future.
As part of our Analytics & Data Science Graduate Programme, you’ll spend two invaluable years working right at the heart of our business – with real responsibilities, and the chance to work on real projects. You’ll gain a unique insight into our exciting and dynamic industry, with exposure to many other functional areas and senior colleagues. You’ll have lots of fun during your time with us, and we’ll ensure you get the support you need every step of the way.
The application of analytical techniques and data-based decision-making being critical to TUI’s future success and a key source of competitive advantage. Throughout the programme, you’ll be working to ensure TUI fully benefits from the world of “big data” and continues to find innovative ways to make the right decision at the right time to both enhance the customer experience and maximise profitability.
This is an opportunity for you to join a graduate programme that’s focused on producing business leaders and gives you the chance to make a valuable contribution to our Analytics and Data Science function.
We welcome applications from those who studied outside the UK. However, a requirement of our training providers and universities is that we provide them evidence that these grades are the correct equivalent to GCSEs/A levels or Degrees. You will be required to apply for your grades to be converted and you can do this by visiting: Home Page (enic.org.uk) and applying for a statement of comparability.
We recruit on a rolling basis and therefore recommend that you apply as soon as possible to be in with the best chance.
ABOUT THE JOB
During our two-year programme, you’ll gain experience within one of our four Analytics & Data Science teams. At the end of the two years, we’ll aim for you be ready to take the next step in your career within the teams. The four analytics areas we have are:
Digital Analytics – where we use web behavioural data to optimise the use of our web and mobile sites
Commercial Analytics – using demand forecasts and profitability data to optimise price and capacity management
Customer Analytics – focusing on using our rich customer data to truly personalise the customer experience
Aviation Analytics – working closely with our operational teams to drive the use of data science in all stages of the aviation journey, from optimising the routes of our planes to forecasting the food we should pack on board
During your time on the scheme, you will:
- Work directly with stakeholders from across the business, getting to the heart of a problem and providing workable business solutions
- Provide analysis that truly addresses the underlying problem, ensuring solutions are implemented with the impact being tracked and results measured
- Gain experience in managing and explaining complex analysis to a variety of stakeholders
- Use a range of modelling and analytical techniques, supported by the appropriate software, either answer key business questions or deliver decision-making applications which ensure that decisions are made on a consistent and scientific basis
- Thrive in an environment where you can learn from senior colleagues with experience in a wide range of industries, as well as learn about new technologies
As well as the varied exposure and experience you’ll get during the scheme, you’ll also be given the opportunity to continue your studies by studying part-time for your Level 7 Data Scientist apprenticeship – fully funded by us. If you choose to do this, the first two years of the apprenticeship will be completed alongside the graduate programme, while the final year will be completed alongside your permanent role. You’ll have the opportunity to express your interest in this during the recruitment process.
- Analytical approach to solving problems and creating solutions
- Strategic thinker
- Natural drive to achieve both individual and business results with a commercial focus
- Brings innovative ideas and insights
- Engages and collaborates with others
- A focus on providing unrivalled service to our customers
- Hunger for learning, with a minimum of GCSE grade 4 or C (or equivalent) in English and Maths, and a commitment to gaining your Level 7 Data Scientist apprenticeship should you wish to complete this
- A passion for analytics and science, as well as an interest in the travel industry
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.