Agile Practice Lead
Luton, United Kingdom
Dependent on Local Contract
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Technology Product Domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for multiple technical disciplines. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
Agile Practice Lead is a thought leader in, a practitioner and an advocate of agile and lean software delivery practices for the whole Product domain. Well-connected within the global agile community, the Agile Practice Lead researches, evaluates, promotes and helps embed new delivery and collaboration practices and approaches across the domain to help teams to continuously improve how they work.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As an Agile Practice Lead, you will be working with your colleagues within the Domain’s Teams but focusing most of your energy on supporting cross-functional agile teams working across the domain in multiple markets. You will use your deep knowledge of and hands on experience with a range of agile and lean practices to help Pods and Teams to identify how they can further improve their working practices and processes, improve collaboration within and across Teams/Pods, deliver more business value and increase quality and pace.
Being a passionate advocate of modern agile practices and thanks to your excellent facilitation and solicitation skills you will effectively engage with teams, develop a good understanding of their context and the challenges they are dealing with. As an experienced coach and a skilful influencer, you will collaborate closely with the Agile Team Leads and their teams to help them to experiment with new approaches, techniques, tools and ideas in order to achieve the agreed OKRs. You will work closely with the Capability leads at a Group level to help develop standards and practices for TUI Technology and also to drive adoption of common principles and processes within the Domain.
You adjust flexibly your style, attitude and overall approach based on the specific context, situation or priorities. You never come across as preachy or dogmatic, but you are always clear and vocal about what you believe in. You always drive for ownership and self-organisation at a Team and Pod level.
As a leader of one of the domain-wide EnablingTeams, your key responsibility is to the people you support, ensuring that they are growing within their area of expertise, acquiring new skills, doing valuable work, working well together and feeling engaged and supported. Your success is tightly linked to your team’s ability to empower Pods and Teams across the domain and to help them continuously increase their delivery, engineering and operational capabilities, quality and pace of delivery.
You will ensure the members of your team are growing within their area of expertise, acquiring new skills, doing valuable work, working well together and feeling engaged and supported. You will be responsible for identification and recruitment of new talent into your team, coaching and mentoring existing and new team members and their active career development. You will focus on enabling effective decision making within your team and fostering a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
You are a recognised thought leader and an active member of the global agile community. You regularly participate in and contribute to agile, technology, digital or e-commerce events and communities. You love to learn and acquire new skills and you enjoy teaching others. You are not afraid to get stuck in and work directly with teams – you hate being in an ivory tower.
- Deep and practical knowledge of and expertise in agile software delivery practices, passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Proven track record in driving organisational change and delivering digital products and services in an agile manner in an international context
- Deep understanding of and a hands-on experience with a range of agile frameworks, methods and tools and their application to a varied range of contexts
- Systems thinker, experienced in improving ways of working and introducing new practices in a large organisation and across multiple teams
- Thought leader in all things agile, active member of the global agile community
- A true believer of autonomy, empowerment and accountability of teams and pods
- Excellent coaching, facilitation and influencing skills, reflective observer
- People leadership experience, good coaching and mentoring skills
- Proven track record of driving and supporting organisational change at a team and department level
- Excellent situational and cultural awareness
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.