Fleet Energy Performance Manager (m/w/d)
TUI Cruises is one of the leading cruise operators in the German-speaking region. The joint venture between TUI AG and the U.S. cruise group Royal Caribbean Group Ltd. employs around 750 people in Hamburg and Berlin and operates 12 cruise ships.
The 7 ships of the Mein Schiff® fleet offer contemporary vacation travel at sea in the premium segment. With 5 ships, the long-established Hapag-Lloyd Cruises brand stands for luxury and expedition cruises.
The company already has one of the most modern and environmentally and climate-friendly cruise fleets in the world. In the course of sustainable growth, three more new ships are planned until 2026.
TUI Cruises is looking for a full-time employee to start as soon as possible at its Hamburg site:
Fleet Energy Performance Manager (m/w/d)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prime mover in improving Fleet Energy Efficiency by providing shipboard and shoreside assistance with regards to Fuel Optimization and improving performance.
- Lead the execution and update efforts for the Total Energy Management (TEM) system.
- Responsible for maintaining the TEM and energy dashboards database. Ensure vessel data connections are active, data flow is consistent and data quality is according to standards.
- Assist vessels in performance related issues by means of close dialogue, vessel visits in port and sailing onboard vessels when required.
- Provide feedback and support to office in Vessel Performance related matters with high focus being on Energy Efficiency Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Validate all operational excellence ship models pertinent to Speed, Trim, Route, Propulsion Power, Fuel Mix, Service Power and Hull Performance for accuracy.
- Supervise the interface development and back-end algorithms pertinent to operational excellence.
- Collaborate with Chief Engineers and Captains when leading energy optimization and fuel planning discussions. Analyze fleet’s performance and report findings to Global Marine Operations & TUI Cruises to drive change throughout the organization; engage performance review with ship managers and fleet directors.
- Identify energy efficiency optimization opportunities by using new and existing technologies and/or through operational excellence practices, under HVAC, machinery, electrical, hydrodynamic disciplines.
- Developing long term corporate energy technology investment strategy, in parallel with Destination Net Zero initiative and environmental carbon reduction regulations.
- Providing training for shoreside and shipboard management on energy efficient ship operations.
- Identify & assist with other energy efficiency improvements to further enhance the TEM tool.
- Maintain close track of all open service tickets pertinent to the maintenance and development TEM tool
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Degree in Nautical Sciences / Ship Engineering / Naval Architecture with advanced analytics & interpersonal skills or
- Degree in Business Administration or similar with advanced analytics & interpersonal skills and first link to shipping.
- Understanding of shipboard operations is a plus. Either while working on board the fleet as Deck/Engine Officer or while working shoreside in a shipping company.
- Excellent administrative, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, strong self-motivation and stress resistance.
- Strong IT skills including advanced Excel, PowerPoint required.
- Need to possess basic long term financial modeling and project management skills.
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English.
WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO
- A modern workplace in a central location, only a “sea mile” away from the main station
- A contemporary management and corporate culture guided by our company values “Appreciation, Trust and Sustainability”
- Regular feedback to specifically support your strengths and development
- Market-oriented remuneration, flexible working hours, and “voiio” as a strong employee assistance partner at your side
- Extensive social and health benefits (30 vacation days p.a., meal vouchers, public transport allowance, discounted cruises, own gym, internal yoga classes, back school, massage and much more)
We keep the guest in focus every step of the way! Would you like to go that extra mile with us?
We look forward to receiving your application – regardless of your age, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, ideology, sexual orientation and/or disability.
Please apply with your meaningful and complete application documents (cover letter, resume, references/certificates) exclusively online.
Do you have any questions about TUI Cruises and/or our application process? You will find comprehensive information and FAQs on our careers page. Or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Looking forward to your application
Fragen zum Job? Ich beantworte sie gerne.
Telefon: +49 40 60001-5223
Bitte beachten: Ausschließlich für Rückfragen. Bewerbungen werden nur online über das Bewerberportal angenommen.