Base Maintenance Administrator
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Within TUI Group, TUI Airline regroups all airline activities across UK, Nordics, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Morocco, France, and the Dutch Antilles. Engineering and Maintenance is a function within our airline organisation responsible for Aircraft Maintenance. The Engineering and Maintenance function operates as a multi-disciplinary team of experts driving efficiency and innovation.
As Base Maintenance Administrator your focus will be to support the Base Maintenance Manager and his team within the policies set out by TUI E&M. This is to ensure smooth day to day operations of the hangar and the maintenance activities carried out.
In this role, you’ll report to the Base Maintenance Manager.
ABOUT THE JOB
As Base Maintenance Administrator, you’ll be responsible for:
- Follow-up of starters at for Engineering and Maintenance in Hangar 40, both temporary (interns, contractors) and permanent staff.
- Reception of staff, complete paperwork if applicable supported by the responsible manager, Brussels Airport badge, TUI badge, setup in AMOS and TRAKA system, and providing IT equipment if applicable
- Follow-up of leavers for Engineering and Maintenance, acceptance of all material to be returned by the employee and ensure distribution of the returned material within the company
- Follow-up of clothing for both temporary (interns) and permanent staff, including locker system and cleaning.
- Follow-up of medical appointment of permanent staff and to book or reschedule appointment with Brussels Medical Centre.
- Follow-up of first aid kits in the maintenance facility and verification and follow-up of the first aid forms, verify first aid kits and re-order material as required
- Follow-up of AMOS/HR tasks including shift planning, holiday counters and sickness.
- Follow-up of IT tasks including collection and distribution of IT material within the maintenance facility.
- Follow-up of duty travel: request duty travel, follow-up of approval, send out related documentation to staff concerned.
- Social media advertising within the TUI group to promote Engineering and Maintenance in Brussels.
- Act as a TUI process and procedure ambassador ensuring compliance by providing constructive feedback to ensure processes and procedures are correctly understand and executed.
- Strong organizer who maintains focus under operational pressure never losing sight on the safety aspect.
- Good communicator who speaks and presents effectively in individual or group situations
- Sufficient IT skills and knowledge of engineering systems such as AMOS and other relevant systems
- Good knowledge of Health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Good knowledge of the English language (spoken and written).
- Flexible in there working hours to meet business demands
- Basic understanding of the maintenance organization
- Meet requirements to hold airside pass and holder of a valid driver license.
At TUI, as the leader within the travel industry, we’re ambitious to keep looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business, while also providing the best environment for our colleagues.
TUI Airline’s goal is to build strong, capable, and creative teams in order to be the best airline, ready for the future. An important part of our culture is the trust and passion that enables a sense of belonging. Flexibility is key in all areas of our airline, whilst keeping performance and efficiency high. We’re maximising technology to create a balanced work environment and actively encourage a mixture of home and office working, in roles where it’s possible to do so.
*Applications close on February 3rd*
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Phone: +32 499 77 67 99
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.