2024 Chartered Management Degree Apprenticeship Programme
Luton, United Kingdom
United Kingdom | Luton | LU2 9TN | Wigmore House
|Hours per week:
|Type of contract:
*Starting salary for the role is £23,350 per annum with fantastic progression and incremental roll off salary.
**Currently TUI is unable to provide visa sponsorship, you must have permanent right to live and work in the UK without sponsorship to be eligible to apply. This includes applicants in possession of a Tier 4 Student visa.
*** As part of our Diversity Equity and Inclusion policy we encourage applications from all sectors of the community – please see below for further details. ***
Want to get your career off to a flying start? The sky’s the limit with TUI. We’re the world’s number one tourism business, operating in around 180 destinations worldwide, which means limitless global opportunities for you and your future.
As part of our Chartered Management Degree Apprenticeship, you’ll spend four invaluable years working right at the heart of our business – with real responsibilities, and the chance to work on real projects. You’ll gain a unique insight into our exciting and dynamic industry, with exposure to many other functional areas and senior colleagues. You’ll have lots of fun during your time with us, and we’ll ensure you get the support you need every step of the way.
This is a fantastic opportunity to earn while you learn, working full-time for TUI in a variety of roles on a rotation basis including our Airline, Retail and Commercial functions and completing a BA(Hons) degree level apprenticeship in Chartered Management over four years.
The degree is bespoke and designed by TUI and the University to reflect the modern needs of a global travel business, with learning modules such as digital marketing, data science and project planning, as well as management and leadership modules. Lectures will be held at a chosen University, and you will be required to attend in person. The degree apprenticeship standard with more details can be viewed here.
The blend of university lectures from the experienced faculty and our own internal experts, along with assignments and opportunities to experience different functions across the business, will create a rich and exciting four-year learning experience.
A requirement of this role is that you provide evidence that your grades are equivalent to English GCSEs. If you studied overseas, you may be required to apply for your grades to be converted and you can do this by visiting: Home Page (enic.org.uk) and applying for a statement of comparability.
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert should we receive lots of applications.
ABOUT THE JOB
During our four-year programme, you’ll have the unique opportunity to rotate around four core areas of our business. This means you could be assigned to a variety of roles across any part of the business, such as:
Airline – this team takes care of our planes and the people who work there
Cruise – this team looks after our ships and the people who work there
Commercial – this team develops our product and creates an exciting offer for our customers
Sales & Marketing – this team markets our fantastic products and keeps our websites up to date
Whichever team you join, you’ll gain full insight and unparalleled experience across the business, and we’ll support you in your personal and professional development to ensure you’re equipped to reach your greatest potential. You’ll also work towards a Level 6 Chartered Manager Degree apprenticeship.
- Great at communicating with others
- Engages and collaborates with others
- Natural drive to achieve both individual and business results with a commercial focus
- Analytical approach to solving problems and creating solutions
- Brings innovative ideas and insights
- Adapts and shows resilience if faced with adversity
- Hunger for learning, with a minimum of three A’Levels (or equivalent qualifications) plus GCSE grade 4/C (or equivalent) in English and Maths, and a commitment to gaining your Level 6 Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship
- A passion for business, as well an interest in the travel industry
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Competitive salary with commission scheme that rewards you for exceeding targets & discretionary bonus
- Private medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
- Discovery day – time to spend working at a local charity or community
- Investment in your development
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- On completion of the Apprenticeship programme a voucher (amount dependent on the apprenticeship level) and an extra day off
- Access to student discount via Totum Apprenticeships
- Network of other apprentices and colleagues
- One day off each week from work duties to study towards your apprenticeship qualification
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our website Diversity • TUI Careers (tuigroup.com)
***As a Disability Confident Employer we guarantee interviews to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role and will make reasonable adjustments to assist in the interview process. Applications are open to all sectors of the community, but we particularly welcome applicants who are from ethnic minority groups.***