Back End Software Engineer - API & Microservices
37.5 - 40
Oporto, PT, 4050-345
Madrid, ES, 28010
Palma de Mallorca, ES, 07000
|Hours per week:
|37.5 – 40
|Type of contract:
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Mobile & Payments is a global team within TUI technology responsible for TUI’s Mobile apps and Global Payment solutions. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Engineering, Architecture, DevOps, and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Austria, Belgium and The Netherlands.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated leader to join the newly formed Payments & Mobile technology organisation which looks after TUI’s Mobile applications and Global Payment solutions.
The API & Microservices Developer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art API and Cloud engineering practices. API & Microservices Developer will be developing software products with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods and with a strong DevSecOps mindset, being able to tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing, and deploying applications. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the API & Microservices Developer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As an API & Microservices Developer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables software development skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Together with your team you will own the software products from conception to operation. Being an enthusiast in software engineering and software craftsmanship, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation.
- You will strive for a high degree of automation, clean architecture, and high quality with a customer-centric mindset.
- You are able to select the right tools for the right jobs and thus solve the given business and technical problems efficiently.
- You show a commercial mentality, focusing on solving business problems in the best way.
- You will work in a cloud environment, especially AWS, and develop resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications.
- You have a good understanding of the AWS toolbox, leveraging AWS services and cloud design patterns in a micro-service landscape.
- You can tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing, and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the domain’s Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate, and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others.
- You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level.
- You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- Hands-on technical knowledge and delivery experience using AWS cloud services including S3, Cloud Formation, API Gateway, Lambdas, ECS Fargate, SQS, and SNS.
- Experience in API gateway, preferably AWS API gateway and APIGEE
- Experience in service design (SOA, Microservices, ESB’s)
- Solid understanding and practical knowledge of the full API development for backend development and software development lifecycle
- Experience in writing API specs using SWAGGER
- CI/CD Pipelines, Terraform, and Gitlab source control experience desirable
- Good communication skills in English; experience in working within international and remote teams is a plus
- Good knowledge and experience in Agile, Scrum, and Jira are essential
- Open-minded, inquisitive, life-long learner.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.