Back End Software Engineer
37.5 - 40 hours
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Analytics & AI, Customer is a global team within TUI technology responsible for Customer Contact & Service. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
The Back End Software Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art software development practices, developing software products with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods and with a strong DevSecOps mindset, being able to tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Back End Software Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Back End Software Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables software development skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Together with your team you will own the software products from conception to operation. Being an enthusiast in software engineering and software craftsmanship, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation.
You will strive for a high degree of automation, clean architectures and high quality with a customer-centric mindset. You are able to select the right tools for the right jobs and thus solve the given business and technical problems in an efficient way. You show a commercial mentality, focusing on solving business problems in the best way. You will work in a cloud environment, especially AWS, and develop resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications. You have a good understanding of the AWS toolbox, leveraging AWS services and cloud design patterns in a micro-service landscape. You can tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation.
You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the domain’s Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Hands on experience with Python
- Hands on experience with AWS – S3/Kinesis/SQS/SNS, especially the most widely and popular services.
- ECS/Docker/Fargate experience
- Hand on experience in SQL/NoSQL, ETL/ELT style Data processing, Data warehousing & Data lake
- Experience implementing Rest API’s. API Gateway, and strong knowledge of microservices and APIgee.
- Advocate of agile practices for rapid development of quality software, such as CI/CD, TDD, and automated deployment. Knowledge of Agile processes and DevOps development are a must have.
- Excellent knowledge of data types including JSON, CSV, XML etc.
- Data modelling and Schemas
- Solid understanding of data warehousing principles, concepts and best practices (e.g. ODS, Data Mart, Data Lakes)
- Knowledge of Snowflake or any DWH is beneficial
- Know how about Events, Streams, Messaging and Queues
- Data & Search Services: AWS cloudsearch, Athena, Opensearch & Elasticsearch
- Amazon Connect, Amazon lex, Conversational AI
- Jira/ Confluence experience
- Experience modelling and evolving complex data structures
- Ability to perform code and peer reviews
- Good technical, architecture and design know-how.
- CI/CD pipeline, Automated Deployment
- Interest in supporting and mentoring engineering, dev and devops team
- Eager to learn and adapt to new technologies and tech stack
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.