Principal Architect - Sales & Content
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Cutting edge Technology, Discounted Holidays & Flexible working options – apply to find out more!!
Hi, we’re TUI Technology, we make dreams happen, right now somewhere around the world someone’s holiday dreams are coming true. Our Technologists like to dream big, from big data through to big enterprise-scale solutions, they have their head in the clouds, the AWS Cloud that is!
We are recruiting for a new Principal Solutions Architect to work within our Sales & Content domain focused at eCommerce and retail capabilities. You will lead the delivery of technology solutions that contribute directly to development, testing and DevOps needs of the organisation. The role will be required to work at the leading edge of cloud technologies to drive and deliver innovative solutions to support our rapid development and continuous delivery approach. The role will encompass the following activities:
How you will make an impact as a Principal Architect:
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Manage and lead team architects (Solution and Technical) and System Analysts and additional flex resources as required to deliver best in class architecture solutions with Active participation in the definition and implementation of strategy, standards and patterns.
- Take ownership of the Cloud solution architecture roadmap. You will drive maturity improvements in this space by adopting suitable latest industry trends.
- Manage large complex designs with lead solution architects within larger projects and programmes ensuring adherence to the architecture governance processes.
- Lead the Cloud Design Authority governance process across the Technology division to maintain best-practice and identify potential synergies that offer value for the TUI Group.
- You will ensure solutions are right fit, cost-effective, high quality and aligned the highest IT Standards and Policies through the provision of review and guidance to architects and system analysts.
Working with the Lead Delivery Managers, Portfolio Managers, and Domain Architects you will help define the application of the portfolio architecture strategy in line with the enterprise application architecture strategy.
What you will bring to TUI as a Principal Architect:
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things
- Skills and experience delivering large enterprise-scale architecture solutions by exploiting core and upcoming AWS technologies.
- Experience driving change within a large Enterprise business.
- Deep understanding of Application Architecture for web and mobile using frameworks such as API, Micro Services.
- Qualifications on architectural notation framework for requirements definition and systems design preferably AWS Certified Architect, ISEB, CITP, UML or TOGAF.
- A track record of delivery in large scale solution designs for multiple technology areas.
- Clear thought leadership and experience in improving the maturity of teams and technology.
- A deep understanding of Agile and Waterfall delivery concepts and methodologies.
TUI and you
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Competitive salary & opportunity to earn annual bonus
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
- Private medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Discovery day – time to spend working at a local charity or community
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!