Senior Developer - Ruby on Rails | Luton | TUI
Luton, United Kingdom
TUI group sees the application of data and analytics combined with cloud technologies as a major core source of competitive advantage. A core component of this investment is the development of a suite of decision support applications which will support key business processes ensuring that the data to drive decision-making is readily available to business users and workflows are automated to ensure both efficiency and consistency of service.
Based on a successful track record the team are looking to expand in order to widen the scope of business processes accounted for, provide increased support for business critical applications and ensure we can meet the need for continual enhance current applications given the rapidly changing business.
This is a great time to join a high performing team with a great record for customer service, rapid delivery and consistently exceeding expectations.
These projects may operate across different source markets and hence although primarily a UK based role, some travel may be required.
TUI UK & Ireland is one of the leading markets within the TUI Group – the world’s number one integrated tourism business.
We here at TUI offer great flexible working options and the successful candidate can expect to work from elsewhere 1/2 days a week.
How you will make an impact as a Senior Developer
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- We are looking for a talented developer, ideally with Ruby on Rails experience with great communication and problem-solving skills to join the team. It is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious developer who loves solving problems to get experience across multiple languages and frameworks including Ruby, Rails, Heroku and AWS.
- You will work closely with internal stakeholders to both develop new applications and support existing applications ensuring that all developments are robust and future-proofed. The successful candidate will take on key elements of the development lifecycle including requirements analysis, solution design, development and testing making this a great role for a true team player who wants to see a project through end to end.
You will work both in teams developing and supporting key business applications as well as taking accountability for the development of new applications liaising with stakeholders across the TUI Group in multiple markets and functions.
What you will bring to TUI as a Senior Developer:
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things
- You have demonstrated a commitment to continuous learning and developing your skills
- You are hands-on, ideally full-stack or happy to grow into full-stack, ideally with professional Ruby / Rails experience
- You are an agile advocate, knowing how to adapt the right approach to the right team
- You have several years of experience working in different teams and environments
- You are an excellent communicator who can engage with stakeholders and deliver value
- You enjoy pair programming and discussing technical challenges
- Experience of prioritising and clarifying analytical modelling and ability to quickly ascertain the cost/benefit of different approaches
- Strong technical skills as well as an understanding of best practice in technical development and role of different technologies
- Ability to influence, challenge, engage, negotiate and inspire team members, peers, and stakeholders at all levels both inside and outside the division.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and quickly adapt to changes in priority.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!