Covid-19 – Information for CandidatesLearn more
Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Digital & Technology
As a Data Engineer within our Data and Analytics function, you will play a pivotal role in technically delivering our data and analytical product alongside a talented multi-disciplinary team, comprising of engineering, analytics, science and BI developers. You will be passionate about working with data and ensuring we build products that exposes the value of that data. In one of our analytics areas you will be part of a cross functional team, working close with our business stakeholders in order to enable truly data driven decision processes. A team will have a touristic supply chain in focus and not only be experts in analytics but also have deep understanding of the touristic part they are supporting.
How you will make an impact
There are many ways for you to get involved:
This role will act as the bridge between our backend IT function and the wider global analytics team and work on delivering crucial data solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- You will manage the pipelining (collection, storage, access), engineering (cleansing, feature creation / selection) and understanding (documentation, exploration) of this data.
- Acquire, create and manage innovative data assets for the team. These assets will draw from various sources – internal and external systems, flat files, databases, external APIs and so on.
- Evaluate user requests for new or re-engineered analytics and reporting solutions to determine their feasibility and time requirements, and their compatibility with current systems and architecture standards.
- Active participation in the development of the data lake and data marts and subsequent enhancements, including the creation of new data solutions to support development of analytic capabilities.
- Interact with stakeholders regarding data availability and report format/presentation, to ensure the report provides the information the stakeholders need without compromising the report’s accuracy.
- Deliver new capabilities to the business through agile delivery methods, so a working knowledge and experience of Agile, Scrum and Jira would also benefit the candidate.
What you will bring
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- The ability to design, implement and use effective database structures to ensure data is organised effectively and ready for downstream development of data science and analytics.
- Experience working in a structured environment and desire for good documentation, exceptional delivery, effective organisation, and high-quality communication with team and customers.
- Experience of Big Data platforms, enabling non-technical users to gain insight into key business metrics
- Hands on experience with modern data storage systems (e.g. S3, Snowflake, Athena, Glue)
- Feeling comfortable using AWS, Kubernetes, Docker and Airflow
- Strong SQL and data profiling skills is a must
- Hands-on ELT experience using tools like Streams and Tasks or DBT
- Familiarity with a traditional BI application such as Power BI, Tableau or Spotfire
- Knowledge of data types including JSON, XML, YAML etc.
- Solid understanding of data warehousing principles, concepts and best practices (e.g. ODS, Data Mart, Data Lakes, Data Vault)
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills
- Role Dependent – May require travel – including some overseas travel.
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
TUI and you
- Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
- Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
- Attractive compensation package (e.g. pension scheme) and 30 days of paid vacation per year
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Flexible working environment
- International career and development opportunities
TUI Group´s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel. If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, please visit our website www.tuigroup.com.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Phone: +49 (0) 511 566 1239