Covid-19 – Information for CandidatesLearn more
Product Trading Manager | Stockton-On-Tees | TUI
Thornaby, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
This is an exciting new role for a seasoned e-commerce professional with a passion for retailing across all channels. Working closely with the Digital Trading Manager you will focus on trading priorities, product launches, and promotional campaigns looking at how we can best position our products to increase conversion rate and profitability.
Retail websites is an exciting and rapidly growing area of the business where team members work together to produce innovative solutions and explore new technologies in order to move the business forward. We are always on the lookout for the brightest minds to join us in exciting roles across our Infrastructure, Web Development, Digital Marketing, and Digital Trading Teams.
Our TUI Family in the North East have a wealth of experience and the leadership team value input and collaborative ways of working. You will definitely broaden your skills with us.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. We’re beginning to open our offices in limited ways in line with government guidelines, but colleagues may still be able to work from home a couple of days a week as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. However, this role will likely begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
How you will make an impact as a Product Trading manager
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Ensure that all products available on our website are in line with our brand guidelines and trading strategies.
- Lead and nurture the Merchandise Executives through effective coaching and mentoring.
- Working in partnership with the wider Marketing team, develop a calendar to drive demand and customer acquisition objectives across all channels including website, email, and social.
- Identify opportunities to maximise sales and profitability through effective merchandising and tactical messaging
- Oversee merchandising of products across the channels that will improve the customer experience driving demand and creating an urgency to book.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to generate and share ideas that will optimise merchandising and conversion performance across the sites.
- Develop and test effective merchandising and tactical messaging that works together with UX and the overall customer journey
- Daily curation and maintenance of all the sites to ensure correct listing of products, offers, and content to help customers find products/promos.
- Maintenance and accuracy of T&C’s, FAQ’s.
- Undertake weekly and monthly reporting on product performance and analysis of merchandising initiatives to ensure we are continually optimising our activities across sites.
Conduct regular competitor reviews in order to maintain awareness of merchandising tactics, offers, and new features.
What you will bring as a Product Trading Manager
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – Here are some of the ideal things:
- Outstanding communication skills, with a talent for building positive relationships with internal and external partners
- A passion for product coupled with a data-driven mindset to ensure our business has the right merchandise to sell to customers.
- Extensive knowledge and a solid understanding of content management systems and it’s reporting tools
- Experience in e-commerce analytic tools and online KPI’s with a good understanding of how to manipulate data
- Experience engaging and managing multiple suppliers and external partners
- Travel Industry experience would be desirable, but not essential.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.