Covid-19 – Information for CandidatesLearn more
Fixed Assets Assistant | Luton | TUI
Luton, United Kingdom
Purchasing & Finance
The role of Fixed Asset Assistant sits within TUI Business Services (TBS) Finance which provides Accounting & Control services to the UK&I (UK) and Central Europe (CE) regions of TUI and reports into the Intercompany & Fixed Asset Accountant. This is a pivotal role within the team which has primary responsibility for the accurate accounting and control of UK&I intercompany entities (intracompany). The job holder will need to have excellent interpersonal skills as building relationships and knowledge of business processes is critical to the overall achievement of this role. In addition, the job holder should be a self-starter, competent with systems and possess well developed organisational and problem-solving skills, if this sounds like you then we want to hear from you!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. Most colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. However, it’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
Closing date for applications is Friday 4th December 2020.
How You Will Make an Impact as a Fixed Assets Assistant
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Accurately maintain and administer the WBS project management system.
- Issue and maintain WBS project codes for all capital expenditure
- Monitor FA generic email address
- Accurately record capital expenditure on fixed asset ledger system ensuring appropriate granularity
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation
- Monthly capital reporting including WBS project tracking
- Work with business units to ensure correct coding of expenditure particularly retail property expenditure
- Ensure sufficient supporting information is provided for capitalisation
- Ensure FA balances are accurately posted into GL
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end data for both management and statutory reporting
- Supporting Intercompany team with reconciliations during month-end close process
What You Will Bring as a Fixed Assets Assistant
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Strong academics to ‘A’ level standard
- Either studying or preparing to study for a recognised accounting qualification
- Self-starter, able to work using their own initiative
- Strong systems & process skills
- Well developed problem-solving skills
- Personable, with strong communication skills both written and oral
- Curiosity and resilience – able to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced and international environment
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI Business Services (TBS) is an internationally positioned service company of TUI Group. TBS Finance is the Group Wide Finance Shared Service provider with more than 250 employees based in Hannover, Germany and Luton, UK
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.