Covid-19 – Information for CandidatesLearn more
Leasing Accountant | Luton | TUI
Luton, United Kingdom
Purchasing & Finance
The role of Leasing Accountant is a pivotal role and sits within TUI Business Services (TBS) Finance which provides Accounting & Control services to the UK&I and Central Regions of the TUI operating group.
This role reports into the Finance Manager – Fixed Assets & Intercompany and has been driven by the introduction of the new accounting standard for Leases IFRS16. Although based in the UK and specifically to support the UK&I business unit cross border collaboration on process alignment, sharing best practice, etc. will be an integral part of this role. The job holder will need to be a confident self-starter, competent with systems, technically capable and logical in their approach, if this sounds like you then we want to hear from you!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. Most colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. However, it’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
Closing date for applications is 4th December 2020 and if you require a full copy of the job description, please email email@example.com
How you will make an impact as a Leasing Accountant
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Take ownership and administration of the newly implemented lease engine system (Tagetik) to account for IFRS16, including accurate period-end accounting.
- Data integrity is key to this role, ensuring lease data is entered into the lease engine is accurately recorded.
- Responsible for ensuring corresponding Right of Use (ROU) assets have been accurately created and aligned to individual leases by review.
- Provide vital business insight and reporting on lease engine movements to Director level.
- Produce monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all aspects along with associated month-end checklist and control file. Implementing and operating robust controls using the COSO framework to ensure accuracy of results.
- Provide ‘headline’ operational guidance on lease accounting to UK&I accounting colleagues and non-finance personnel.
- Work collaboratively with CE based colleagues in resolving / developing consistent ‘ways of working’ to fixed assets & leasing whilst enabling the ability to provide cross border support exceptional circumstances.
What you will bring as a Leasing Accountant
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Part Qualified Accountant (or equivalent).
- Self-Starter who will get involved from day one and ask the right questions
- Logical in approach to problem-solving
- Competent and comfortable in the use of systems
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and build relationships with stakeholders across the business at all levels.
Experience of working in a multi-site business unit.
- Knowledge of IFRS16 and implications.
- Experience of fixed asset accounting.
- Exposure to SAP.
- Systems development cycle.
- Exposure of reporting & control in a global multi-site business unit.
- Exposure to international operations.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI Business Services (TBS) is an internationally positioned service company of TUI Group. TBS Finance is the Group Wide Finance Shared Service provider with more than 250 employees based in Hannover, Germany and Luton, UK
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.