Covid-19 – Information for CandidatesLearn more
Senior Software Architect (m/f/d)
Digital & Technology
For TUI Group IT in Hanover we are seeking with immediate effect a: Senior Software Architect (m/f/d).
Master Domain: Sourcing & Assets (GDN).
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
To own the architecture of the solutions within our GDN Operations area and to support with architecture guidance to other areas of the Future Markets business as needed. The role covers the definition and update of logical solution architectures and the communication of those decisions to both business and technical stakeholders. Additionally, the role will usually define the cloud infrastructure architecture, including specifying which technical services should be used from all of those offered by the cloud provider. Where integrations are required with other services, the software architect will define those interfaces, either in terms of an API, event messages and data structures as well as gaining alignment with the other system owners.
In concrete terms, the position will be focused on the following tasks:
Working with the IT Leadership to develop technical strategies, architecture and design for Accommodation Only strategies & the Global Distribution Network of Future Markets;
Supporting the integration of our Mid-Office Tool, Brains, Offer Cache, the Social Flywheel, the APIs, designing all services and our continuous integration approach;
Supporting the various Heads of the Domain to select the right technologies;
Evaluating start-ups that could make a genuine impact on our goals, be cost effective, manage lock-in and trulyassess their maturity as many overstate the capabilities of their technologies;
Aligning technical solutions across our IT domain, ensuring that all parties are moving in an aligned direction;
Taking ownership of overall AWS cloud service usages, including both serverless and traditional virtual server technologies;
Working with security teams to ensure all development teams are producing secure solutions;
Documenting logical, physical and enterprise architectures and ensuring the documentation is kept up to date and fit for purpose;
Contribute to technical proof of concept development to show the development teams how key technical problems should be solved and new technologies be used;
Advise teams on how to more deeply adopt ABC principles to ensure our APIs follow standards;
Adhere to technical constraints laid out by Architecture guidelines;
Delivery of products – lead the design and delivery of respective portfolio aligned with the Future Market Business and Local Markets.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A balanced mix of technical and business skills;
- Skilled in working with local and remote stakeholders in multi-national and multi-location teams;
- Professional experience and knowledge of:
– Internet and/or tourism industries;
– Cloud Computing, Public Clouds;
– Analytics / Big Data;
– Working in agile teams and organizations.
- Able to understand big enterprise challenges, evaluating technology options and help making recommendations.
- Keen to work on the technical proof of concepts, writing production codes as required to demonstrate key parts of the solution vision;
- Able to document and communicate solutions clearly and gain buy-in from technical and business stakeholders for the proposed solutions;
- Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences;
- Knowledge of architecture best practices and design patterns;
- Passionate about simple and clean SW architectures;
- A very good analytical, consultative and problem-solving mind-set and influential personality, quickly building rapport and credibility with teams;
- Excellent communication skills (in an international distributed team) and capacity to learn and work independently.
- Experience of working in big data environments with robust data pipelines and processing components including both Spark and SQL;
- AWS Certified Solution Architect;
- Understanding of machine learning models, ideally using deep learning techniques – otherwise a good understanding of statistics-based prediction would be acceptable.
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
YOU AND TUI
Working at TUI brings many advantages, extras and fun:
- Annual total reward plan relating to employment conditions;
- Employee benefits on travel;
- Life Long Learning (online/offline).
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Phone: +49 (0) 511 566 1581