Covid-19 – Information for CandidatesLearn more
IT Developer (m/f/d)
Digital & Technology
For TUI Group IT we are seeking with immediate effect an IT Developer (m/f/d) for the Domain Flight & Drive Sourcing.
TUI puts a smile on the faces of its guests day by day, the IT department of the world’s leading tourism group ensures that processes run smoothly. With a passion for technology and expertise, TUI Group IT is driving the digital transformation forward. Innovative solutions are created for customers and guests by bringing together the right people and appropriate technologies. Know-how and fun with digitalisation, reliability, uniqueness and an open-minded approach to new technologies make the company what it is. Flexibility is important for us – TUI Group IT offers an agile, dynamic environment, which is characterised by the search for new ideas and the corresponding willingness to change.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a Java Developer (m/f/d) in the Domain Flight & Drive Sourcing you will be a member of an agile team, ensuring that the TUI Group’s international flight purchasing is supported by IT. Together with the team you will plan and develop sustainable and future-proof applications and implement them in sprints. In an agile and powerful team you will feel responsible for the product end-to-end and will ensure not only further development but also smooth operation.
Our applications are based on modern technologies: current Java version with Springframework, micro service-oriented implementation with Kubernetes and Kafka, based on AWS Cloud.
In detail your tasks include:
- Coordinate and co-design the architecture, data integration and performance management as well as develop the scalability of tourist applications;
- Responsibility in an international project;
- Accept the requests for technical requirements for the systems, document and detail the requirements;
- Perform bug fixing (troubleshooting and knowledge building to avoid errors in the future) and unit testing (special procedure for automated testing);
- Advise business partners on the content-related further development of products and services;
- Independently maintain and develop software solutions;
- Develop and implement technically optimal and market-driven IT solutions;
- Test functionality and produce readable documentation for the created sources in accordance with the documentation guidelines;
- Take responsibility for the consistency and viability of deployments and deliveries of software changes in the test and production environments;
- Optimise and develop deployment processes with extensive automation;
- Optimise configuration management within the application;
- Manage all configuration elements and the associated complete, readable documentation of all changes;
- Further develop software development methods and participate in communities of practice.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Degree in computer science (preferable) or comparable expertise and experience gained on-the-job;
- Experience in the design, construction and further development of IT application landscapes, ideally in the tourism environment;
- Very good knowledge of agile working methods (Kanban/Scrum) and mastery of project management methods;
- Pronounced/high-level quality awareness;
- Very good organisational and problem-solving ability;
- Analytical thinking and the ability to work conceptually;
- Very conscientious, independent work manner, quick to take on responsibility;
- High-level social and teamwork skills;
- Willingness to cooperate and compromise / proactively seek and give feedback;
- Fluent in English, good German is welcome;
- System/software expertise: Java, Spring-Cloud, AWS, NO SQL, Dynamo DB, SOLID, Clean Code, GitLab CI.
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
TUI AND YOU
Working at TUI brings many advantages, extras and fun:
- Annual total reward plan relating to employment conditions;
- Employee benefits on travel;
- Life Long Learning (online/offline).
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Phone: +49 (0) 511 566 1581