Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience. TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. All this enables us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. Most colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. However, it’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
How you will make an impact as a Technical Architect:
There are many ways for you to get involved:
TUI IT has a large number of domains, business units, systems and development teams delivering large amounts of change across various Technology portfolios. We are now recruiting for a new Hybris Technical Architect to work within our Sales & Content domain, looking at projects related to the ecommerce and retail capabilities based at TUI HQ in Luton. You will typically lead a set of capabilities, and the teams responsible for implementing complex, highly secure, high volume, and performant solutions, so there are complex challenges to be solved daily presenting the evaluation results. The role will encompass the following activities:
- You will be responsible for the high-level solution architecture for the Hybris e-commerce system.
- You will design, document, develop and assist with the delivery of Hybris e-commerce software along with improvements and changes.
- You will be responsible for building the solution designs for your development pod, which could include up to twelve ecommerce development teams.
- You will maintain links with business and products owners to understand and build out the roadmap for your products and applications.
- You will establish relationships with business analysts to help shape the requirements for your teams as well as being responsible for any estimation efforts.
- You will empower your teams to strive towards technical standard methodologies, showing a clear depth of technical understanding and leading by example.
- You will be involved in the whole SDLC, being a critical and foundational member of the development and architecture teams.
- You will work within an Agile team, supporting the Scrum Master, Developers and Testers from a design perspective.
- You will collaborate closely with an assigned Solutions, Enterprise and Domain Architects, ensuring designs are working to the established architectural guidelines and systems integration requirements.
- You will ensure that all project technical paths are designed appropriately and cleanly with cost in mind.
- You will lead all project or product technical issues and risks are handled appropriately and resolved in a timely manner.
- You will engage directly with Project Managers (on and off shore) to provide the structured framework within which the IT solutions should be designed and subsequently delivered.
- You will drive forward business solutions by bringing significant depth and breadth of knowledge, expertise, and practical creative design to the development of corporate IT systems.
- You will provide rapid and economical pre evaluations and estimates for business ideas to assist in approval decision-making and planning.
- Your role will be to act as a leading technical example for the team of developers in an Agile environment and to assist them in the production of quality delivery to the business and service delivery.
- You will participate in process flow analysis and process redesign as well as providing support across testing activities.
- You will assist in design or code reviews to ensure that assets are acceptable and conform to standards.
- You will own the end-to-end technical solution to ensure it is compatible with the strategic technical architecture and perform a technical risk assessment then monitor and control the solution risks throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- You will actively identify trends and recommend changes to improve Hybris system robustness, performance and usability.
What you will bring to TUI as a Technical Architect
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Validated skills and experience in delivery enterprise scale architecture solutions
- You will have previously developed a team as a Lead Developer
- A passion for enthusiastically identifying trends and technical enablers who will contribute towards a culture of innovation at TUI
- A deep understanding of cloud solutions with preference towards AWS, Microservices or distributed computing and containers.
- Strong Technical Architect consulting experience gained using Hybris enterprise ecommerce solution, any exposure to WebSphere Commerce or ATG is also advantageous.
- A good level of experience in architecting, estimating costs and operating solutions across E-Commerce software applications.
- A deep understanding of Java or other programming languages.
- Practical experience in development methodologies such as Agile and testing tools such as Junit.
- A deep understanding of Agile and Waterfall delivery concepts and methodologies.
- Validated experience in systems analysis and detailed technical specifications.
- You will need to be able to work as part of a team, with strong social and interpersonal skills – both verbal and written.
- You will be ambitious able to cultivate a positive approach.
- A deep understanding of how an e-Commerce department is typically organised and the role that it plays within a large company.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA