Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Senior Solutions Architect - Flexible Location
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation programme and are looking for talented and dedicated people to join the team.
An opportunity has arisen for a TUI Aviation Senior Solutions Architect to work within the TUI Aviation Architecture Team with both local and virtual team members across 5 Airlines, working with external partners and internal teams. As a Senior Architect you share knowledge and working practices within the team, working closely with other experienced Solution Architects.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. Most colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. However, it’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
How you will make an impact as a Senior Solutions Architect:
There are many ways for you to get involved:
As a Senior Solution Architect your role will ensure that appropriate project/product technical solutions are delivered taking all requirements – business, financial and technical strategy – into account.
You will be defining standard, reusable approaches and ways of working in collaboration with technical teams within TUI Aviation and the wider TUI technology community. You will work closely with Aviation domain leaders to build a common understanding and commitment to delivering roadmaps and with their teams to build knowledge, competence and confidence in new technologies and ways of working.
You will lead one or more Aviation IT technology communities and be an active contributor to the TUI technology community.
You will be producing and communicating clear and unambiguous designs and leading complex discussions with senior stakeholders and suppliers evaluating and recommending solutions in ambiguous situations – fully communicating the risk and value of multiple trade-offs. You will ensure that all financial impacts are understood and taken into account within the projects.
You will be a central escalation point for architecture matters, liaising with stakeholders, from business leads to technical infrastructure teams, data, integration, security, service introduction and solution designers, both locally and other TUI group teams.
You will support and direct the work of other architects and will represent the interests of your business area and projects in the definition of group level standards – engaging in robust and collaborative discussions and participating in working groups.
What you will bring to TUI as a Senior Solutions Architect
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- The ability to define and lead the delivery of strategic technical roadmaps in API enablement or cloud migration and exploitation.
- The ability to engage in strategic conversations with senior stakeholders taking into account the needs of all stakeholders whether business, financial, commercial, technical or otherwise.
- A broad base of technical knowledge and experience and the ability to make reasoned and pragmatic decisions within the business and technical context.
- A strong understanding of the current information and operational technology threat landscape and the skills to define or evaluate solution proposals.
- Demonstrable ability to lead the design of solutions, ensuring alignment with Group policy by implementing core digital capabilities of API´s, Big Data and Cloud services.
- A keen understanding of the operation of systems within a large enterprise and the associated cost drivers and non-functional requirements in order to ensure solutions are ‘right sized’ and sustainable.
- An enthusiasm to ensure that solutions are designed and delivered to the highest possible quality by engaging with all stakeholders, from business leads to technical infrastructure teams, data, integration, security, service introduction and solution designers, both locally and with Group teams.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to clearly explain the benefits and trade-offs associated with particular solutions and approaches – with particular reference to the long term cost and agility of our systems ecosystem.
- The critical abilities to identify relevant and important technical principles and standards within which IT solutions should be designed and delivered.
- The ability to understand the big picture – identifying opportunities, contributing to and shaping our enterprise architecture.
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA