Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Technology Team Lead - Product Services
Digital & Technology
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Product is a global team within TUI technology responsible for creating products such as packages, accommodation only, cruises, etc out of different sources. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated leader to join the newly formed Product technology organisation which is responsible for managing our sellable products.
Technology Team Lead is a key role within in the domain and is responsible for a leadership of one cross-functional team and for the delivery of business value in line with business needs and TUI’s strategy. You need a strong track record of genuine delivery accountability in agile environments hands on delivery experience combined with successfully managing multiple initiatives and stakeholders in various situations.
How you will make an impact as a Technology Team Lead
There are many ways for you to get involved:
As a Technology Team Lead, your role will see you tackling multiple challenges and working closely with the Product Owner and with a varied set of stakeholders in various situations every day. You’ll need to be resilient, innovative and engaging in your practices to guide your team to provide technology solutions that result in the best possible digital experiences for our customers.
You will need to have an awareness of a range of technologies along with the ability to understand architecture and design of digital systems to effectively lead and support a team of developers and other technology professionals.
In your role, one of your key responsibilities is to the people you support, ensuring that they are growing within their area of expertise, acquiring new skills, doing valuable work, working well together and feeling engaged and supported. You will act as a servant leader and enabler for your team, helping to develop and maintain delivery plans, timescales, resource requirements, key deliverables/milestones, risks and progress. You will take responsibility for expansion and further development of agility within your area and the domain. You will focus on helping your team to self-organise, and to keep increasing its capabilities and autonomy.
You will identify and actively manage impediments, assuring transparent communication on the progress, the impediments & solutions. You will excel at identifying, de-escalating and resolving conflicts within and between teams. In collaboration with the Head of Technology, you will also plan and manage costs of your team and pro-actively look for efficiencies and motivate your team to achieve the Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) agreed for your team/pod and the strategic results for the Product as a whole. Where relevant, you will also take responsibility for prioritisation of work within technical teams.
You will be responsible (dependent on market jurisdiction rules) for identification and recruitment of new talent into your team, coaching and mentoring existing and new team members and supporting their career development. You will focus on creating a culture of technical excellence, innovation, learning and continuous improvement.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
What you will bring to TUI as a Technology team Lead
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Passionate about and strong knowledge of agile software delivery practices, delivering business value and driving continuous improvement
- Proven track record in leading a team and delivering software in an agile way.
- Very good knowledge of Java, AWS (including lambda’s) and at least 1 front end framework.
- Knowledge of Node JS & VueJS is a big plus.
- Experience with devops tasks and having a devops mindset is a big plus.
- Recognise that psychological safety is one of the key factors in creating high performing teams and organisations
- High standard of professional integrity and trustworthiness
- A true believer that autonomy, empowerment and accountability should be in the teams
- Experience in leading and coaching others in an international environment.
- Loves developing and growing people and has a strong track record doing it
- Great communicator, facilitator and influencer comfortable working with a variety of technology and business stakeholders
- Able to understand technical concepts and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Amber van Burken
Phone: +31 (0)20 892 1547