Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Purchasing & Finance
Joining the TUI Group Purchasing team as a Purchasing Manager you will be the ambassador of the Purchasing function and your core focus will be driving revenue. You will be accountable for all buying and account management activities for TUI’s suppliers for a particular source market or across multiple source markets as well as building sustainable long-term relationships through effective negotiations and bed management resulting in superior revenue results.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Have full accountability for optimizing private accommodation, camping site and hotel cost base in order to maximize profitability for your area of responsibility and manage supplier strategy
- Be responsible for setting and managing the overseas accommodation spend budget including contract value, commitments, deposits and cash flow
- Source and extract key commercial MI, in order to assist in informed decision making
- Meet individual hotel/area targets through accommodation contract negotiations, renegotiations and in season late buying and ad hoc buying and manage all required buying trading activities to maximize sales, margin and occupancy targets, in a timely matter and with agreed deadlines
- Influence and input into product selection, range management and new developments and highlight and develop opportunities for long term agreements, joint ventures and acquisitions
- Be accountable for meeting all source market bed briefs providing a first-class service in negotiating rates, re-negotiations, risk management and supplier development.
- Negotiate Long Term Agreements on behalf of source markets (including prepayment agreements), working alongside Group Legal as required and where necessary negotiate incoming agency agreements.
- Be the key contact between the various Group and Source Market departments (product, trading, product delivery, group accommodation purchasing, camping sites, private accommodation, hotels and resorts) with a special focus on the German market and the relevant hotels/area to ensure end to end consistency from contracting to brochure presentation
- Ensure the strategic development of the program to destination makes use of all opportunities
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Proven Tour Operator or general buying experience
- Knowledge of Private Accommodation and Camping sites buying preferred
- A goal-oriented person with strong commercial insight and the ability to make commercial decisions based on complex information
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal. German language knowledge advantageous
- Be comfortable communicating and presenting to the senior leadership team.
- Proven ability to work with multiple contacts within one customer organization
- Excellent negotiation skills are essential
TUI AND YOU
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Develop yourself by working as part of an international team and through our free global learning and development programmes and various Management Development Programmes
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. As we continue to build our Global Purchasing function, we will move from operating as a set of largely independent source markets with common management of procurement towards a more global, integrated function, which will accelerate the delivery of our ambitious growth plans.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit www.careers.tuigroup.com
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Phone: +34 971 709 116