Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Luton, United Kingdom
The TUI IT Finance team is an international team responsible for Technology investments (c. €130m Capex per year) and management of IT cost base (c.€450m Opex per year).
This role sits within the IT Finance team and recognises the additional workload and data skill set needed to support wider TUI IT activities.
The role will join the Group IT Finance Team as the subject matter expert and focus on driving the continuous improvement of the TUI IT cost base consolidation and presentation, enabling us to make informed decisions that actively support our Business & IT priorities, in addition to providing focus on the Group IT 5 Year Plan and Budget process.
How you will make an impact as a Data Analyst
There are many ways for you to get involved:
Reporting requirements: Working closely with stakeholders across the TUI IT Finance community, you’ll be evaluating and shaping the reporting solution used by TUI IT (currently TIBCO Spotfire). By providing and maintaining regular meaningful management reports and dashboards on the total TUI IT Cost base, you will help to deliver the continuous improvement and development of the TUI IT Cost Base consolidation, 5 Year Plan and Budget. Focussing largely on the year-on-year analysis of Total Group IT Costs and EBITA, you will enable management to make key decisions in relation to the levels of IT investment across the Group.
Data requirements: You’ll be working with stakeholders across Group IT to understand data requirements and ensure that these are properly understood and documented. Using various methods and tools you will review detailed reporting requirements and develop and document use cases for the relevant IT Domains.
Report building: Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders you will produce key reporting and analysis requirements, ensuring reports are accurate, effective and understood by end-users’ and are in line with company development and design standards.
Data sourcing: You’ll carry out detailed analysis of multiple source data sets. You will need to fully understand data structures and attributes and be familiar with high level underlying business processes used to populate the source systems.
Definition: As the subject matter expert within the team, we will look to you to help define the way we move forward and improve the data available across TUI IT. With inputs from multiple systems, you will understand and produce detailed technical requirements including data modelling, source to target mapping, data transformations, data conformation, data mapping and non-functional requirements.
What you will bring to TUI as a Data Analyst
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Experienced in using SQL with data transformation and data manipulation
- Knowledge of AWS S3 and Redshift
- Understanding of data warehousing principles
- Ability to design and implement database structures
- Experience in automation of workload
- Experience of analysing large data volumes using SQL
- Extensive experience of engaging with technical and non-technical users to gather, understand and document business requirements, produce appropriate reports and visualisations
- Highly numerate
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship skills
- Experience of managing the expectations of internal clients and stakeholders whilst supporting reporting users to best make use of the technology and the data
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA