Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Business Analyst (m/f/d) Department Accommodation Sourcing
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
depends on local agreements
For the DestiLink team (Group IT) we are looking for a Business Analyst (m/f/d) to be responsible for and further develop our applications in the area of accommodation- production-, search- and book requests.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
To ensure that TUI can put a smile on the faces of its guests day after day, the IT of the world’s leading tourism group ensures smooth processes. With a great deal of passion for technology and expertise, TUI Infotec is driving the digital transformation forward. Innovative solutions are created for customers and guests by bringing together the right people and suitable technologies. Know-how and fun with digitalisation, reliability, uniqueness and an open approach to new technologies are what make the company stand out. Flexibility is written in capital letters – TUI Infotec offers an agile, dynamic environment that is characterised by the search for new ideas and the corresponding willingness to change.
In the role of Business Analyst (m/f/d) in the area of Accommodation and Sourcing you are the internal consulting interface between business and cross-country stakeholders, with a focus on the creation, conceptual design and implementation support of technical specifications of the underlying IT processes in relation to primarily dynamic hotel connections. Together with the team, you design and develop viable and future-proof applications and put them into action in sprints. As an agile and powerful team, we feel end-to-end responsible for the product and ensure smooth operation in addition to further development. Specifically, your tasks include:
- You are the technical/professional contact person for our functional product teams
- You design, create and support technical concepts to connect interfaces of different external partners
- You create concepts for workflows and process chains to automate the processing of hotel data and hotel reservation requests as much as possible
- You are responsible for the creation and conception of automated solutions to support and optimize support and decision processes
- You sort and prioritize independently in the team arising topics in the daily business in the best sense in coordination with the product owner
- You check the developments in close exchange with the developers and ensure the productive implementation as well as the configurations including documentation and tests
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Completed studies in the business or technical field or a similar qualification or tourism education/studies with several years of technical experience
- Experience in working as a business analyst, in connection with external suppliers or several years of practically applied knowledge in agile methods
- Sound technical understanding, knowledge of software development, various interface technologies (REST, SOAP, etc.), as well as knowledge in their effort estimation
- Deep understanding and in-depth knowledge of industry standard data transfer formats (EDF, OTDS, AIF, etc.) or strong IT knowledge in data structures with interest in learning these data formats
- Goal-oriented analytical, comprehension, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation and commitment, as well as independence and sense of responsibility towards team, customer and product
- Communication and conflict management skills in fluent German and very good English
- Sound knowledge of tourism processes, especially hotel purchasing, or the connection of bed databases, channel managers and hotels, or hotel chains desirable
TUI AND YOU
Working at TUI brings many advantages, extras and fun:
- Annual total reward plan relating to employment conditions
- Employee benefits on travel
- Life Long Learning (online/offline)
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.