Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Java-Developer (m/w/d) in the area Accomodation and Sourcing
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Depends on local agreements
For TUI Group IT we are looking for a Java Developer (m/f/d) with immediate effect.
To ensure that TUI can put a smile on the faces of its guests day after day, the IT of the ensures that the processes of the world’s leading tourism group run smoothly. With a passion for technology and expertise, TUI Group IT is driving the digital transformation forward. For customers and guests innovative solutions for customers and guests by bringing together the right people and the right are brought together. Know-How and fun with digitalization, reliability, uniqueness and an open approach to new technologies are what set the company apart. Flexibility is TUI Group IT offers an agile, dynamic environment that is driven by the search for new ideas and the new ideas and the corresponding willingness to change.
As Java Developer (f/m/d) in the area of Accomodation and Sourcing you will ensure as a member of a team, you will ensure that the TUI Group’s international hotel purchasing is optimally supported on the IT side and that our accommodations are available for our guests worldwide. Together with the team, you will plan and develop viable and future-proof applications and implement them in implement them in sprints. As an agile and powerful team, we feel responsible for the product end-to-end and and, in addition to further development, we also ensure smooth operation.
Our applications are based on modern technologies: current Java version with Springframework, SQL and NOSQL databases, microservice oriented implementation with Kubernetes and Kafka, based on AWS Cloud.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Continuous development of the application
- Planning, programming and testing of microservices in the area of productive applications
- Analysis, evaluation and structuring of business requirements in close collaboration with business analysts and business experts
- Effective selection of technologies for sustainable technical concepts and solutions
- Ensuring consistency and executability of the implemented software changes in the test and production environments
- Consulting and conception through technical know-how
- Participation in agile, self-organized end-to-end teams that also take on DevOps responsibilities (“You build it, you run it”).
- Exchange of experience in communities of practice
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Completed studies in computer science, media informatics, business informatics or vocational training as an IT specialist in application development or a similar qualification
- Very good knowledge of Java from version 11 and relevant frameworks/concepts such as Spring Boot, RESTful Services; experience in designing microservices an advantage
- Professional experience in Java software development with Git, IntelliJ, Maven, Docker, Gitlab, CI/CD, Kubernetes, as well as Elasticsearch and JPA desirable
- Enthusiasm for technologies and architectures, such as Apache Kafka
- Passionate about and enjoys DevOps concepts and software development in a self-organized, agile Scrum team
- Enthusiastic personality with a strong team spirit
- Independent, careful and structured way of working
- Good command of German and English, both written and spoken
TUI AND YOU
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.