Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Junior API Tester
London, United Kingdom
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependent on Local Contract
ABOUT THE JOB
As QA API you will be working within a cross-functional team of designers, developers and testers who are responsible for the TUI app. In detail your tasks include:
- You will be responsible for testing releases of functionality to support the roll out of features within mobile applications along with a platform transition to the AWS platform. This will include functional, integration and performance testing of APIs, testing deployment scripts for infrastructure, API and application levels and taking a key role within the delivery lifecycle.
- You will be working on delivery a new platform architecture – the Mobile Backend as a Service or MBaaS, based on native AWS services and assisting with delivering core value to the future success of the TDA. The range of testing will be challenging as we require QA at all levels of our new platform including API, service, deployment and source system integration.
- Define, together with the Product Owner the acceptance criteria at both the story and the system level and be able to estimate the effort to execute within a sprint.
- Work with the QA and Development teams to establish and maintain the drive for continual improvement of the testing process.
- Work closely with the Scrum Master and Developers to ensure requirements are being met
- Test newly developed software, existing software upgrades and deployments to ensure quality is maintained; executing all types of manual testing as well as utilising a variety of test tools to enhance testing efficiency, identify vulnerable areas of the software and raise, prioritise and track defect reports through to conclusion.
- Write detailed defect descriptions and work with developers to prioritise and assign bugs depending on the business impact and severity of the issues found and the impact on the project timelines
- Understand the design and the implementation details and assess the affected areas and the risk the implementation can introduce in order to create suitable regression test packs and to prioritise testing within the test phase.
Knowledge and experience in API testing
- Exploratory session based test techniques
- Familiar with Postman or a similar tool
- Knowledge in Charles Proxy / Fiddler / Swagger
- Agile & Scrum practice and experience
- BSc or MSc on Computer Science / Computer Engineering or similar
- Hands on experience in backend Rest API and micro services testing using Java.
- Exposure to AWS cloud services including API Gateway, Lambdas, ECS, CloudFormation and Fargate
- Exposure to API gateway, preferably AWS API gateway and APIGEE
- Experience in validating API specs using SWAGGER
- Understanding on coding best practices, design patterns of the backend server side API and micro services development and lifecycle
- Nice to have knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization and external 3rd parties / suppliers
- Highly flexible, adaptable and resilient personality, with the ability to work in an international team environment
- Fluent English language skills.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to.We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here