Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
EASA Regulator Affairs Executive
Business Sector: Aviation
Function: Flight Operations Procedures
Reports to: Head of Fight Ops Procedures
Contract Terms: Permanent
How you will make an impact
There are many ways for you to get involved:
You will hold primary responsibility to influence EASA regulations to increase safety, cost effectiveness and operational excellence for the TUI Group airlines.
You will hold primary responsibility for ensuring regulatory compliance is understood across all group airlines to ensure all local NAA’S regulations are complied with. Moreover, you will lead our approach to the regulation across 5 markets, translating our Flight Operations vision to improve knowledge and resource-sharing through commonality and simplification of practices, to apply in the local regulatory environment.
• Build a strong relationship with the relevant rulemaking agencies within EASA;
• Follow up, organize feedback and comments regarding NPA’s from all stakeholders within the TUI Group;
• Present and communicate the current regulatory status at EASA regarding all topics related to Flight Operations;
• Become a respected team member at EASA meetings;
• Build a strong relationship with 5 different local NAAs to drive a single approach culture to the interpretation of EASA regulations;
• Ensure that the relevant European and International operational compliance regulations are well understood and implemented across the TUII airlines whilst ensuring compliance with local NAA interpretation of regulations;
• Drive towards common procedures to enable a common regulatory approval within Europe, using regulatory knowledge, underlying technical and operational understanding, natural credibility, and impeccable communication and influencing skills to gain agreement among regulators, postholders, and other senior stakeholders on proposed changes that deliver commonality and therefore drive efficiency and savings;
• Pro-actively identify opportunities to alter processes within the scope of the regulations, which drive operational performance and / or financial benefit;
• Development, gain approval for, and implement policy and process changes as required in any or all markets to progress operational, financial or cultural strategy;
• Build productive and trusted relationships with all local postholders, Quality Managers, Accountable Managers, and other relevant leaders in Flight Operations to drive alignment and cooperation from a regulatory standpoint;
• Ensure all aspects of the TUI airlines Flight Operations compliance management systems are developed and operated in accordance with local and international legislative requirements;
• Maintain awareness of SAFA inspection process including inspections, reports and action;
• Undertake projects and any other reasonable tasks as and when required by the business;
• Reporting also into TUI Group, and of Head of Regulatory Affairs, on matters of engagement in pertaining to European Agencies and Officials including and beyond EASA and Eurocontrol and other National ATC agencies;.
• Advise the TUI Group Corporate Office EU of all relevant EASA/ATC regulatory and political updates, and work with the Head of Regulatory Affairs where coordination across the Group and /or the source markets is required;.
• Co-ordinate all engagement and lobbying activities taking place across the Group and /or the source markets with the Head of Regulatory Affairs and TUI Group Corporate Office EU.
What you will bring
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
• Aviation background with experience within a technical and operational area;
• In-dept knowledge of European (EASA) and National regulations referring to an AOC holder including safety, financial and operational impact of those regulations;
• In-dept knowledge of operational manuals used in a European airline (OM suit of manuals);
• In-dept knowledge of training requirements for Flight and Cabin Crew;
• On the field experience regarding Flight Operations;
• A self-motivated leader who takes the initiative and works collaboratively with a track record of motivating and developing a diverse team;
• Understanding of Human Factors within the Flight Operations environment;
• Ability to operate within in a pan-European arena, with multiple customers and stakeholders across a range of source markets;
• Proven financial acumen to prepare and control budgets, and commercial acumen to achieve best value cost of delivery;
• A skilled communicator with the proven ability to influence, partner with other leaders, develop a strong network of contacts throughout the industry and gain support and commitment from managers and employees across the business;
• Proven ability to develop and utilise performance measures and KPIs to improve performance;
• Ability to think commercially and operationally whilst ensuring full regulatory compliance is achieved and maintained;
• A logical thinker with the ability to generate ideas and alternatives;
• Demonstrable ability to clearly articulate concepts and arguments verbally and in written documentation;
• IT skills, ability to manage projects, and knowledge of operational systems;
This role requires strong business English (written & spoken) and will involve regular travel across Europe.
You and TUI
Working at TUI brings many advantages, extras and fun:
- Annual total reward plan relating to employment conditions;
- Health & Wellbeing: sports, nutrition and inspiring sessions;
- Employee benefits on travel;
- Life Long Learning (online/offline);
After effort, relaxation comes through numerous personnel activities.
Together with TUI Belgium, TUI Nederland and TUI France forms the TUI Western Region. All countries serve their own internal market with the Tour Operator, their own Airlines and Retail, but work closely together in many areas and benefit from the joint scale.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Phone: +32 (0)2 717 82 13
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.