Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Technical Team Lead - Price & Yield
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependent on Local Contract
We are looking for a talented and dedicated leader to join the newly formed Commercial technology organisation, in particular the systems that support the leading edge and bespoke Yield Management processes.
Technology Team Lead is a key role within in the domain and is responsible for a leadership of several cross-functional teams and for the delivery of business value in line with business needs and TUI’s strategy. You need a strong track record of genuine delivery accountability in agile environments hands on delivery experience combined with successfully managing multiple initiatives and stakeholders in various situations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Technology Team Lead, your role will see you tackling multiple challenges and working closely with the Product Owner and with a varied set of stakeholders in various situations every day. You’ll need to be resilient, innovative and engaging in your practices to guide your team to provide technology solutions that result in the best possible digital experiences for our customers.
You will need to have an awareness of a range of technologies along with the ability to understand architecture and design of digital systems to effectively lead and support a team including Data Engineers, Cloud Engineers, Technology Leads and other technology professionals.
In your role, one of your key responsibilities is to the people you support, ensuring that they are growing within their area of expertise, acquiring new skills, doing valuable work, working well together and feeling engaged and supported. You will act as a servant leader and enabler for your team, helping to develop and maintain delivery plans, timescales, resource requirements, key deliverables/milestones, risks and progress. You will take responsibility for expansion and further development of agility within your area and the domain. You will focus on helping your team to self-organise, and to keep increasing its capabilities and autonomy.
You will identify and actively manage impediments, assuring transparent communication on the progress, the impediments & solutions. You will excel at identifying, de-escalating and resolving conflicts within and between teams. In collaboration with the Head of Technology, you will also plan and manage costs of your team and pro-actively look for efficiencies and motivate your team to achieve the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) agreed for your team/pod and the strategic results for the Commercial domain as a whole. Where relevant, you will also take responsibility for prioritisation of work within technical teams.
You will be responsible (dependent on market jurisdiction rules) for identification and recruitment of new talent into your team, coaching and mentoring existing and new team members and supporting their career development. You will focus on creating a culture of technical excellence, innovation, learning and continuous improvement.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Passionate about and strong knowledge of agile software delivery practices, delivering business value and driving continuous improvement
- Proven track record in delivering systems within a Cloud environment, in particular several years’ experience of leading the delivery of AWS and/or Snowflake applications would be highly beneficial.
- Proven experience of at least five years leading cross functional teams utilising agile techniques such as SCRUM, KANBAN to manage the workflow.
- Mastery of moderation, presentation, visualisation techniques and feedback methods with good influencing skills and the ability to make yourself understood to a wide range of staff including near shore/off shore colleagues, both internal and external teams.
- Recognise that psychological safety is one of the key factors in creating high performing teams and organisations
- High standard of professional integrity and trustworthiness
- A true believer that autonomy, empowerment and accountability should be in the teams
- Experience in leading and coaching others in an international environment.
- Loves developing and growing people and has a strong track record doing it
- Great communicator, facilitator and influencer comfortable working with a variety of technology and business stakeholders
- Able to understand technical concepts and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here