Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Product Owner Cloud & On-Premise Enablers Platform Reliability (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a talented and dedicated Product Owner to join the newly formed Enablers technology organisation which provides solutions, consultancy, education and guidance from getting started to running in the cloud (through the creation of cloud native, cost effective, reliable and secure solutions), as well as operational excellence on transient on-premises solutions being transitioned to cloud.
As a Product Owner, your key areas of responsibility and accountability will be:
Contribute to the Product Vision and Roadmap:
- Pro-actively contribute to a compelling Product Vision and Strategy using stimulus such as the IT Strategy, customer needs, stakeholders’ needs and external best practice (incl. risk/compliance/security).
- Understand business & customer needs (from all markets)
- Translate high-level product roadmap into achievable product backlog features
- You’ll communicate the overall strategy and goals for your Product to your Product team(s). You’ll then input into ideation and start to engage with stakeholders and other teams to create new ideas.
- Define, develop and prioritise the product backlog for your product team(s)
- Work with analysts and optimization & insights to ensure that all product Epics and features have a clear line of sight to business value and are prioritized to deliver maximum commercial benefit from development time.
- Ensure that product dependencies on other product teams across TUI are well understood and briefed to relevant product managers.
- Translate high-level product roadmap into achievable product backlog items. Provide insight for defining and planning the overall Product Roadmap based on specialised knowledge in your area.
- Ensure you have a clear prioritised backlog and roadmap which will increase engagement, conversion and other KPI’s.
- In collaboration with the whole team(s) compose & validate User Epics, User Stories & Acceptance Criteria to a high standard before releasing
- Discuss technical debt with delivery team(s) and priorities
Monitor and drive KPI business performance
- Define (monitor & drive) high level product KPIs, OKRs or success metrics
- Work with analysts and optimization & insights and take personal ownership of relevant KPIs and ensure that all developments are aligned to drive performance and have clear metrics, tracking mechanisms and targets.
- Experiment often and use ‘Inspect & Adapt’ approach to continuously refine
- Use all data sources available to understand how to improve adoption
- Highlight under-performance of metrics and develop plans in the roadmap and backlog in to address these.
- Liaise with a variety of key stakeholders in development and business areas, building strong working relationships, e.g. Global product owner, Head of product, Product Manager, Relevant business director, Service desk, Heads of enabling/foundation teams, Head of technology, Customers, UX/UI teams across TUI and Product teams and pods in other domains
- Create informative and inspiring demos to bring the features to life for stakeholders and the team
- Provide regular high-quality updates to stakeholders, ensuring that deliveries across the product team are showcased and future feature prioritisation is well understood
- Work closely with stakeholders and ensure all stakeholders are updated on a regular basis
- Produce regular updates on development progress, KPI performance, and comms for governance meetings
Deliver enhancements & new features
- Drive feature delivery with product teams
- Work with your team(s) to ensure all features are of the highest quality and delivered timely
- Ensure best practice approach to product ownership
- Works with your team(s) and your stakeholders to generate new ideas
- Liaise with a variety of key stakeholders in development and business areas
- Gain and maintain an expert understanding of the travel industry, TUI’s business and our drivers of value and wider dynamics in each source market and our competitors.
- Understand TUI’s customer segments and behaviors. Use this insight to inform and influence plans and development around KPIs
- Ensure TUI’s product backlog maintains a healthy balance between new and innovative capabilities with market onboarding and optimisation.
- Passionate about cloud & on-premises solutions and able to work backwards to technology
- Solid understanding of IT capabilities and how to support product teams to onboard cloud platforms & transition out of transient on-premises infrastructure, with a strong focus on platform provisioning and configuration, onboarding and consultation, well-architected, operational health, platform security, FinOps services and education & training.
- Ability to manage a set of Reliability Services in your Product portfolio which focuses on connectivity and security capabilities
- Sound expertise on all areas of knowledge of cloud platforms, in order to continuously innovate, extend and co-build new solutions with customers. You’ll have particular know-how and interest over an initial set of products comprised of the Direct Connect, the hybrid DNS solution, the TUI AWS Private CA, Transit Gateway, default networking / VPCs, TUI compatible network ranges, security controls such as Security Hub & Guard Duty, benchmarking and reporting toolsets (e.g. AWS Config, Spotfire), integration with the Security Operations Centre (SOC), data & region compliance and security related service catalogue items.
- Appetency to work in a team of Product Owners with the mission to build a consistent technology capability for the whole Cloud & On-Premise Enablers and the ambition to collaborate in and/or share responsibilities across the team.
- Customer focused with passion for operational excellence
- An understanding of Agile, and able to manage a product backlog
- Good communication skills, able to communicate the Product Strategy to the team
- Able to understand user feedback and analytics and make informed decisions
- Good commercial and decision-making skills, able to input into Ideation and Roadmaps
- Able to contribute to making clear and well-thought recommendations to influence decisions
- Focussed on outcomes, not solutions. Bold with ambitious strategies and an ability to motivate others to achieve these goals
- Numerical, able to understand quantitative and qualitative data from tools such as Adobe, Decibel Insight and customer research and use this data naturally to generate insights and ideas
- Knowledge of AB and MVT testing
ABOUT OUR OFFER
• Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
• Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
• Attractive compensation package (e.g. pension scheme) and 30 days of paid vacation per year
• Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
• Flexible working environment
• International career and development opportunities
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.