Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Solution Architect Flight Production and Passenger Logistics (m/w/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
In the department “Flight Production and Passenger Logistics”, we are looking for a talented and dedicated Solution Architect to accompany our agile development teams. As Solution Architect you will join your colleagues on the quest of creating ever more reliable and innovative technological solutions, as to realise the best possible travel experience for our customers.
As Solution Architect, you are responsible for the creation of technology transformation activities and technology direction. In collaboration with the department lead and other architects, you will help shape a vision and strategies regarding IT architecture to translate business opportunities and customer expectations into innovative IT solutions.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You identify and apply new technologies and practices to our department needs
- You engage with our agile development teams to enhance their capability to deliver high quality solutions around New Skies® which is at the centre of our system landscape. You ensure that options are considered and recommended approaches are clearly designed with valuable solutions
- You make sure that technical implementation is in accordance with the enterprise and solution architecture standards, the objectives and strategy of the company
- You help our teams getting the most out of cloud solutions and support them in finding common standards, coding conventions and practices
- You research, evaluate and test new processes and tools, helping teams to use them effectively
- You visualize architecture diagrams improve the coverage and quality of technical documentations and communicate complex schemes to different audiences
- You closely collaborate with the developer community to increase efficiency, effectiveness, maintainability, quality and security of our technical solutions
- You help increase the DevSecOps maturity in all teams to help achieve the agreed goals at team and domain level
- A thought leader in cloud solutions and an active member of relevant communities to identify best practices and promising technological innovations
- A servant leader with a passion for technology and a strong motivation for enabling development teams in finding better solutions
- An expert with deep knowledge of AWS cloud technologies, application design, serverless architecture, microservice pattern and CI/CD
- A driver of technological innovation and solution design (e.g. by engaging others, conducting workshops, building and demonstrating prototypes)
- A communicator with high proficiency in translating business vision into viable technical strategies and experiences in visualizing architecture diagrams (e.g. with LeanIX)
- A practitioner with (ideally) hands on programming experience, best with our languages and frameworks (e.g. C#, .NET, Java, Python) and who can help improving programming practices (e.g. clean code, TDD, pair programming)
- A community builder who fosters the mutual exchange on technological topics, between architects, software developers and who helps to “build bridges” between technical and less technical roles
- An holistic mindset with a high sense of quality and swift understanding of complex technical systems and databases
- A good amount of experience working in an agile environment and the ability to integrate architecture practises in an agile way of working
- An open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner who is customer centric and passionate about delivering great digital products and services
ABOUT OUR OFFER
• Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
• Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
• Attractive compensation package (e.g. pension scheme) and 30 days of paid vacation per year
• Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
• Flexible working environment
• International career and development opportunities
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.