Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
SAP Senior Functional Consultant
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependent on Local Contract
As a SAP Senior Functional Consultant you will respond to Business and Technical requirements to make recommendations to improve and extend the functionality of the Finance System alongside resolving Incidents and supporting Changes
TUI Group is implemented SAP across the Business with the UK & Ireland and with our Central European Business (Germany Austria, Switzerland, Poland). Further rollouts of the single system across additional territories are planned over the coming years. This is an exciting time to join the Team with a wide remit, multiple projects and new functionality constantly required by the user departments.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a SAP Senior Functional Consultant
We are looking for a talented, entrepreneurial and inspirational individual to:
- Implement and support SAP Financials and Controlling to enhance the clients’ business functionality and overall performance while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Understand user and process requirements and ensure those requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables
- Be able to analysis, design and configuration of SAP FI, SD and Purchasing solutions (R2R, O2C and P2P)
- Provide knowledge and understanding of SAP FICO, SD and Purchasing concepts and process flows that they are able to both understand existing configuration and solutions and also design new solutions for new requirements
- Be responsible for the successful maintenance of SAP including the provision of functional expertise, guidance, presentation and instruction on SAP products to the Business community.
- Act as liaison with the users for troubleshooting: investigate, analyse, and solve software problems as well as map the clients’ business requirements, processes and objectives by developing the necessary product modifications in order to satisfy the business needs.
- Understand the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the SAP environment and evaluate the impact of changes or additions
- Create proper documentation to ensure seamless deployments and easy support for the created or changes
- Maintain a full up to date document set in Solution Manager
- Support testing as required for new user functionality
- Consult with peers on Incidents, changes and projects as required
- Familiarity with best practice interface technologies within a SAP environment and able to architect changes or enhancements to interfaces as required
- Deputize for the process lead where applicable
- Must have at least three full lifecycle SAP R/3 implementation experience (Project Preparation till Go-Live)
- Good knowledge of the SAP FICO, SD and MM/PO modules (R2R, O2C and P2P)
- Good understanding of general accounting concepts as well as costing and revenue processes
- Strong SAP knowledge / skills within R2R, O2C and P2P
- Strong communication and support/consulting skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with the latest SAP versions and technology
- Good understanding of SAP with various interfaces, process flow and errors fixing.
- Month end and Year end process support.
- Business knowledge and process design skills of moderate complexity
- Ability to analyse problems and provide clear recommendations
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse groups of individuals and the ability to maintain effective work relationships
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects/requirements simultaneously, meet deadlines, and properly escalate issues for a timely resolution
- Self-motivated team player that thrives in a collaborative and competitive environment
ABOUT THE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here