Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Head of Engineering
Digital & Technology
37.5 - 40
Join TUI Musement as a Head of Engineering to play a leadership role in the engineering department. Your role will entail to seek excellence in all engineering disciplines inclusive of testing, quality assurance, application development, data processing, analytics. The Head of Engineering will develop strategic plans regarding the technical development of platforms/software and establish the business’s technical vision that guides all aspects of technological development in harmony with all the other department.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Drives the vision, design, strategy, and implementation of integrated web systems in order to support the business. The Head of Engineering leads from 3 to 6 engineering managers and collaborates with other business departments in order to roll out new web systems and improve current systems.
- Keeps up with new technologies and identifies high level architecture for the platforms and software in development. This leader has a strong vision for the department and promotes the best organizational practices and patterns. Tackles high-level challenges and balances quality software with speed.
- Identifies hiring needs and takes part in recruiting process.
- Guides engineers to move forward along their career paths, improves the engineering ladder according to the evolution of the organization and aligns team topologies to business objectives.
- Manages the department’s staffing, resources, and mentoring, and maintain a best-in-class engineering department.
- Proficient in at least one programming language, either in Frontend or Backend speciality
- Excellent understanding of both monolith and microservices architecture
- Extensive knowledge of Continuous Delivery principles and patterns
- Good understanding of DevOps containerization tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Confident with AWS Cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Agile principles and Scrum
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Track record of leading distributed engineering and operations teams in software companies
- Good written and spoken English
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- TUI Musement operate in over 115 destinations offering more career opportunities than any other travel company
- Develop yourself by working as part of an international team and through our free global learning and development programme including free language lessons and various Management Development Programmes
TUI Musement is a leading Tours & Activities business. It combines a scalable digital platform with local service delivery, to offer excursions, activities, tickets and transfers in more than 50 countries worldwide. There are over 130,000 ‘things to do’ in all major holiday and city destinations, which are distributed through B2B partners, via the Musement and TUI websites and direct to TUI customers. We also offer services to cruise lines through Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services in port worldwide. TUI Musement sold around 10 million excursions, tours and activities delivered by our international colleagues located around the world and is one of the major growth areas of TUI Group.
In 2018, TUI’s Tours & Activities division acquired Musement, a leading traveltech start-up. Following a two-year transition period, both became one fully integrated business – known as TUI Musement – combining the global reach, strong resources and high quality in-destination service delivery of TUI, with the digital capabilities, agile working methodology and start-up mindset of Musement.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com