Licensed Aircraft Engineer
The Licensed Aircraft Engineer Line Maintenance derive their authority from, and report directly to, the Duty Engineer and/or Line Maintenance Supervisors. You shall be responsible for the inspection and progressive certification of aircraft maintenance inspections, modifications, repairs, system functions and maintenance tasks to a high standard of safety in accordance with company processes, procedures and in line with your company approval.
You shall be accountable to complete all work to a high quality and acceptable standard in a timely manner to meet company demands and Part-145 regulatory requirements. You shall be responsible for the local management of tasked Aircraft Mechanics identified daily by the Line Maintenance Supervisors when working as a team to meet maintenance completion goals.
How You Will Make An Impact
- Maintain and promote a just culture of responsibility, accountability and company values;
- Accountable to complete all tasks assigned in a safe and efficient manner, and ensuring high standards are maintained;
- Responsible to record all defect rectification in a timely manner and to the appropriate quality standard to ensure that tasks are carried out in compliance with requirements, that progressive sign-off can be achieved, and that parts and materials are correctly identified;
- Responsible to comply with all relevant company, regulatory, and aircraft procedures (e.g. tool and FOD control, general health & safety, hangar housekeeping, and aircraft safety);
- Responsible to ensure all completed, or partly completed, inspections are up-to-date and certified prior to end of each day shift;
- Responsible for Aircraft Mechanic resource within the team to ensure that technical, regulatory, general husbandry, tool control, and aircraft safety requirements are met and daily work is scheduled appropriately to meet the aircraft maintenance program;
- Maintain discipline and identify issues with staff allocated to their tasks and escalate as required;
- Support and assist the Line Maintenance Supervisors with their daily activities.
What You Will Bring
- EASA Cat B1 and/or B2 licenced, with type ratings on B737NG/MAX, B767, B787 and/or E190;
- Working in a ‘7 on, 7 off’ roster including flex days
- Excellent knowledge of EASA Part-145 regulation and understanding of EASA SMS requirements;
- Excellent understanding of Human Factors within the aircraft maintenance environment;
- Good communicator;
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety regulations and requirements;
- Computer literate and excellent knowledge of company’s operating engineering systems.
TUI and You
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts
- Online wellbeing and learning support
- Fun and dynamic work culture
TUI Aviation is an organisation setup within TUI to cover all Aviation activities. We interlink local airline and group aviation functions to share expertise, collaborate effectively, drive continuous improvement and create economies of scale. With five airlines based in the UK, Sweden, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany each serving their own markets, we work together to build a better, stronger and more efficient TUI Aviation for the future.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com