Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Joining the Retail Websites team in Thornaby-on-Tees, as an Automation Test Analyst, you will be responsible for ensuring that all production websites are fully tested and do not contain defects that could have an adverse effect to the business.
The TUI retail websites include Holidayhypermarket.co.uk, Latedeals.co.uk, Cruisedeals.co.uk and a range of corporate websites – all offering fantastic ATOL protected holidays at guaranteed best online prices. Retail websites is an exciting and rapidly growing area of the business where team members work together to move the business forward.
Our TUI Family in the North East have a wealth of experience and the leadership team value input and collaborative ways of working. You will definitely broaden your skills with us.
This role offers flexible working arrangements and the successful candidate would be expected to come into the Stockton Office 1/2 times a fortnight. Please note the closing date for applications is Sunday 24th October.
ABOUT THE JOB
The role involves working closely with and supporting the development team and the wider business to help ensure quality and compliance across all our public facing e-commerce websites. Within an agile development team, you will be testing developments against a product backlog in Team Foundation Server and ensuring that defects are clearly logged, prioritised, and processes within the development lifecycle are followed.
Your day to day will include, creating test plans and writing test scripts against projects and business requirements. Performing a combination of manual functional, cross browser and device testing and creating, maintaining, and running automated tests. Developing performance and load tests to ensure stability of the site prior to release of new functionality. Understanding the scope of project work, how the sites function, client/business requirements so that adequate regression and compatibility testing is completed. Close attention to detail against requirements and data accuracy are a vital skill required for this role.
On top of this, you will also be allowed designated time to enhance your skill set and research new technology so we can improve the efficiencies of our testing processes. With the variety of systems developed and maintained, this role really does present a unique challenge for candidates based in the North East.
- Previous test analyst experience in a commercial environment
- ISEB / ISTQB certified and/or computing related degree
- Proven experience of planning, preparing, running and completing process-based test activities within web development projects.
- Experience device testing, either manually, or using SauceLabs / BrowserStack
- Experience working with Automation test suite Katalon / Selenium Web driver
- Awareness of targets and constraints and ability to work to sprint deadlines
- Experience in API and performance testing using load testing software
- A broad technical background with hands on experience of web systems and projects desirable.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to.We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here