Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Digital Product Owner
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Digital Commerce (Digital Product & Digital Experience (DX) & Digital Marketing) is a global team within TUI Group responsible for the business delivery and operation of all E-commerce solutions and products. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Digital Marketing, Digital Product, Digital Experience, SEO and Optimisation & Analytics providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
This a great opportunity to join a team of innovative and passionate people, who are driving the development, operation and ongoing evolution of global cloud-based e-commerce solutions and services powering one of Europe’s largest travel and experience websites with over 700m visits and over €6.5bn revenue per year.
The Product Owner, will own a digital product on some of the largest eCommerce sites in Europe.
Our UK Head office is in Luton, but TUI believes that work is something you do, not somewhere you go. We believe in offering as much flexibility to the individual on whether they work from an office or elsewhere. Of course there may be occasions when we will need you in the office for business reasons, but wherever reasonable we allow you to make the choice. From the basics that all colleagues will either be present in the same room in a meeting or present individually on camera on Teams we want our ways of working to be inclusive.
Please note the closing date for applications is Sunday 3rd October.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Product Owner, you will be helping to run your own autonomous digital product team, your key areas of responsibility and accountability will be:
- Generate good relationships with stakeholders in business areas across TUI Group & local markets, building good working relationships, e.g. Global product owner, Head of product, Product Manager, Relevant business director, Service desk, Heads of enabling/foundation teams
- Head of technology, Other services, Customers, UX/UI teams across TUI, Other pods and product teams, SEO / merchandising / ancillaries teams, Technology team lead
- Contribute towards the success of your digital product area
- Define, develop and prioritise the product backlog for your digital product team
- Work with digital analysts and optimization & insights experts to try and ensure that all product Epics and features have a clear line of sight to business value and are prioritized to deliver maximum commercial benefit from development time.
- Ensure you have a clear prioritised backlog and roadmap which will increase engagement, conversion and other KPI’s.
Product Vision and Roadmap
- Contribute to the Product Vision and Strategy using stimulus such as the Digital Strategy, customer needs, stakeholders’ needs and external best practice.
- Understand business & customer needs (from all markets)
- Translate high-level product roadmap into achievable product backlog features
Deliver enhancements & new features
- Drive feature delivery with product teams
- Work with digital analytics and DX to generate new ideas
- Liaise with a variety of key stakeholders in development and business areas
- Gain an understanding of the travel industry, TUI’s business and our drivers of value and wider dynamics in each source market and our competitors.
Monitor and drive KPI business performance
- Help to define (monitor & drive) high level product KPIs, OKRs or success metrics
- Work with digital analysts and optimization & insights and take personal ownership of relevant KPIs and ensure that all developments are aligned to drive performance and have clear metrics, tracking mechanisms and targets.
- Experiment often and use ‘Inspect & Adapt’ approach to continuously refine
- Passionate about digital customer experience, and able to work backwards to technology
- An understanding of Agile, and able to manage a product backlog
- Able to understand user feedback and analytics and make informed decisions
- Deep level knowledge of User Centred Design, and thinks customer.
- Able to positively engage with stakeholders and their Product team
- Good commercial and decision making skills, able to input into Ideation and Roadmaps.
- Able to contribute to making clear and well-thought recommendations to influence decisions.
- Focussed on outcomes, not solutions. Bold with ambitious strategies and an ability to motivate others to achieve these goals
- Numerical, able to understand quantitative and qualitative data from tools such as Adobe, Decibel Insight and customer research and use this data naturally to generate insights and ideas
Knowledge of AB and MVT testing
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
TUI is the leading tourism business and our vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.