Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Principal Customer Analyst
Luton, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
TUI is investing heavily in the application of data and artificial intelligence as a key competitive advantage to drive market leading personalised customer experiences. The successful Principle Customer Analyst will sit at the heart of this, leading the creation of industry leading analytics and modelling to drive key strategic and investment decisions across the business. Using internal and external customer data in an innovative way you will provide meaningful customer insights and recommendations to business stakeholders through segmentation and modelling to support an enhanced customer experience and the wider business strategy.
The Principle Customer Analyst role will be part of the Customers Analytics team and work on key strategic projects to drive our Customer Strategy. This role will be pivotal in improving our customer satisfaction and retention levels by really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. Our progress into Cloud technology, combined with our wealth of customer data, makes this a fantastic opportunity to play a key part in shaping a strategy that has the potential to revolutionise our business.
You will need excellent communication and influencing skills to ensure that you can bring multiple and varied stakeholders on this journey. Furthermore, as part of our move to a Big Data platform, the successful candidate will need to work collaboratively with colleagues across IT and Group to ensure our insights can be appropriately and accurately operationalised and automated and that we have the ability to effectively manage performance on an ongoing basis.
TUI believes that work is something you do, not somewhere you go. We believe in offering as much flexibility to the individual on whether they work from an office or elsewhere. Of course there may be occasions when we will need you in the office for business reasons, but wherever reasonable we allow you to make the choice. From the basics that all colleagues will either be present in the same room in a meeting or present individually on camera on Teams we want our ways of working to be inclusive.
Please note the closing date for applications is : Sunday 3rd October
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Principal Customer Analyst you will proactively identify business problems and investigate our vast data sets to take an idea from inception through to implementation. This will involve pushing action-driving insights out to the business to inform decision-making and enhance the business understanding of the drivers of customer retention and value. With multiple and varied stakeholders up to Director level, you will have excellent communication and influencing skills to gain buy-in and confidently explain technical ideas in a non-technical way.
Solutions will be innovative and make use of sophisticated techniques but will be transparent and implementable in a way that allows for clear success measurement.
You should be confident to demonstrate expected uplift and give recommendations based on your solutions in order to improve Customer experience and loyalty. You will be able to use advanced analytical methods and experimental design to determine or change business strategies, as well as support our move into a scalable Big Data environment.
The Principle Customer Analyst will investigate how we can use previously untapped data sources and ensure that we have the tools in place to maximise the benefit we can drive. With the imminent move to our Big Data platform this is an exciting opportunity to be at the fore-front of our data-driven customer strategy and influence the strategic direction of the team going forwards.
- Educated to a degree standard, ideally in a mathematical, economic or scientific related discipline
- Applied statistics – one of ideally applied statistics/operational research/management or data science
- Demonstrable complex analytical problem solving capabilities
- Extensive experience of proactively identifying and solving problems using data science techniques such as recommender systems, machine learning, optimisation etc.
- Exposure to investigating big data, on AWS beneficially, in both structured and unstructured formats across a variety of technologies e.g. Python, R, SQL, Scala with significant expertise in at least one
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills coupled with demonstrable commercial awareness
- Ability to articulate analysis for a non-technical audience with clarity and in an engaging way
- Ability to independently lead analytical projects and manage delivery to a broad group of senior stakeholders
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
TUI is the leading tourism business and our vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
Your application is important to us and we aim to get back to you shortly after the closing date