Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Specialist of Inflight Supply Chain Procurement
Luton, United Kingdom
Closure date for the vacancy is 03/10/2021
As Specialist of Inflight Supply Chain Procurement, reporting to the Head of IFS procurement, within the Supplier management and Procurement Department (TUI Airline), you will become a subject matter expert in the field of Inflight Supply Chain. You are responsible for small to medium value/risk projects and for managing the agreements throughout their life-cycle.
Your role will be pooled across various areas, your primary area of responsibility will be Inflight Supply Chain. Secondary area(s) of responsibility will be discussed based on your skillset and the requirements of the business.
How You Will Make An Impact
- Understand and work in accordance with the category and departmental strategy. You will build subject matter knowledge within your primary area of responsibility, obtaining market intelligence and analyzing market developments.
- You will manage the procurement process for small to medium value/risk projects following the SM&P process and procedures manual, supporting other (procurement) projects as requested. You will lead the procurement process in co-operation with operational stakeholders.
- You will evaluate all procurement requests and challenge internal customers and suppliers to provide innovative solutions. You will manage all activities involved in implementing commercial agreements including the issuance of commercial material to suppliers.
- You will manage small-to-medium value/risk contracts through their lifecycle from an administrative and commercial point of view. You will provide guidance to stakeholders on contractual matters and support ongoing supplier management of contracts and support operational departments in ongoing supplier management of contracts.
- You will manage escalated contractual claims and disputes (linked to the contracts/suppliers in your remit).
- You will be able to develop and manage a long-term supplier relationship by reviewing supplier commercial and operational performance and by organizing regular service/performance review meetings with suppliers and business owners in function of the value of the contract. Through the analysis of operational risks for agreements based on market intelligence, business intelligence analysis reports and financial risk reports, you will report if risk level changes/increases and make recommendation for further actions.
- You will develop and leverage internal networks, in cooperation with SM&P and other TUI Airline colleagues, etc. and external stakeholders (suppliers, etc.), ensuring the best input and output of your scope.
- You will be required to undertake business travel, both for internal purposes and for supplier visits/meetings. You will be able to work from home when not needed in the office or required to travel; the mantra is very much that work is something you do, not somewhere you go.
What You Will Bring
- Have at least a relevant graduate degree, a CIPS qualification or equivalent by experience.
- Highly proficient in English, knowledge of other languages is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in procurement, aviation/airline or a tourism environment is desirable but not essential.
- Business and commercial awareness, with the ability to evaluate costs and benefits.
- Strong numeric, analytical and problem solving skills with eye for detail.
- Ability to challenge assumptions and to think out of the box.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Manage the complexity and ambiguity resulting from multiple stakeholders of differing sizes and based in different countries.
- Able to easily develop a strong network of contacts throughout the business and industry, understanding cultural differences, gaining the support and commitment of key players to key projects.
TUI and You
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts
- Online wellbeing and learning support
- Fun and dynamic work culture
At TUI, as the leader within the travel industry, we’re ambitious to keep looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business, while also providing the best environment for our colleagues.
TUI Airline’s goal is to build strong, capable, and creative teams in order to be the best airline, ready for the future. An important part of our culture is the trust and passion that enables a sense of belonging. Flexibility is key in all areas of our airline, whilst keeping performance and efficiency high. We’re maximising technology to create a balanced work environment and actively encourage a mixture of home and office working, in roles where it’s possible to do so.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Phone: +32 (0)2 717 82 13
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.