Business Analyst - Web
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependent on Local Contract
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Web Platforms Domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for delivery and operation of all E-commerce solutions and products. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
The Business Analyst is a critical thinker with a keen eye for detail. Actively consulting with stakeholders, probing to create and communicate a common understanding of the problem to be solved. Working within a fast-paced agile environment, the Business Analyst thinks outside of the box, loves collaborating across teams and is a lifelong learner.
About the job:
As a Business Analyst, you will be part of a cross-functional team that delivers software products from conception to operation. You will collaborate with product owners, software developers, technology leads and UX/UI designers to clearly define, document and communicate requirements to implement new changes and enhancements to our digital platforms in an agile manner.
You will be responsible for evaluating solution options, consulting with stakeholders to define and articulate business needs in a way that enables the design and delivery of technical solutions that will add value across TUI global platforms and services. You will plan and deliver high quality business analysis to support the ongoing delivery of growth and digital transformation across our key markets. As part of your role, you will have a deep understanding of TUI products and systems, business models, processes, data flows and their link to business capabilities.
Working alongside a varied set of technology and business stakeholders across TUI Group, you will define and document new business, user and system requirements, considering any impacts to upstream/downstream services. You will manage the requirement lifecycle from planning through to elicitation, testing, delivery and business acceptance. You are able to provide business analysis for multiple agile delivery teams and work closely with the product owner to prioritise and manage complex backlogs.
As a Business Analyst you are able to distil the needs of business stakeholders and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs. You show a commercial mentality, focusing on solving business problems in the best way and will take an active part in the Business Analyst community.
You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Demonstrable experience of creating user stories, epics and acceptance criteria/scenarios within a BDD framework
- A good understanding of agile/lean software delivery methodology, tools and techniques and the software development lifecycle including knowledge of Scrum and Kanban
- Excellent analytical skills and commercial acumen. Adept at understanding complex problems and communicating findings to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborative approach, able to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders and facilitate agreement across multiple markets in a global structure
- Proficient at using requirements elicitation methods including business process modelling (BPM), UML, test/use cases and prototyping
- Experience creating, analysing and validating detailed functional specifications and elements of systems design; including data rules, business rules, wireframes or other detailed deliverables that articulate how a business need should be satisfied
- Strong track record of successfully using requirements elicitation and communication techniques including workshop facilitation, documentation analysis, interviewing and brainstorming
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Passionate about continuous improvement
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here