Senior Java Analyst & Programmer
Digital & Technology
Joining the TUI Musement Development team as a Senior Java Developer, you will be responsible for preparing solution analysis & developments according to established standards that support business needs and QA certification. You will also be making necessary checks and testing of new software developments and implementations following procedures and guaranteeing that they reach defined quality requirements.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. But right now, we’re building a new team to accelerate our journey and deliver ambitious growth plans. We are uniting and enabling our source market clusters to deliver significant benefits through leveraging the scale we have as the leader in our industry. Connected by passion and clarity of strategy, there is a real sense of excitement about the future.
ABOUT THE JOB
• Translate business requirements into technical analysis & design and preparation of documents according to applicable standards microservices, java and spring.
• Design and implement business logic and user interface tools using microservices, java and spring development.
• Resolve issues and problems that arise.
• Actively participate in meetings and collaborate with other team members in achieving the project objectives.
• Ensure that the technical analysis & design meets the standards and policies of the company.
• Give support to implantation processes, go-live, roll out and systems maintenance.
• QA certification: Service Validation and Testing: validate release components; complete release tests to verify if all conditions are met for the new development to be deployed in Production, conducting formal test plans involving unit testing, functional, integration; realize non-regression testing.
• Solid experience in microservices, java 8 (or higher), spring and backend software engineering.
• Strong preference for someone with prior experience with service-oriented architecture, microservices or REST APIs.
• Experience with AWS Lambdas and Kinesis
• Strong analytical skills.
• Hands-on experience with database solutions
• Have the technical ability to understand software development lifecycle (devops mindset), collaborating with other engineers in a fast-paced and diverse environment.
• Understands the pros and cons of technologies and is able to make pragmatic, practical decisions.
• Experience with AWS, APIs, monitoring and instrumentation of distributed systems.
• Fluency in English is a must. Spanish or Italian are highly desirable, and other languages are a plus.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits as standard
- Career progression opportunities in more than 50 countries worldwide
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly diverse and virtual international team
- Exceptional approach to your learning – access to free learning platforms & language lessons
TUI Musement is a leading Tours & Activities business. It combines a scalable digital platform with local service delivery, to offer excursions, activities, tickets and transfers in more than 50 countries worldwide. There are over 130,000 ‘things to do’ in all major holiday and city destinations, which are distributed through B2B partners, via the Musement and TUI websites and direct to TUI customers. We also offer services to cruise lines through Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services in ports worldwide. TUI Musement sold around 10 million excursions, tours and activities delivered by our international colleagues located around the world and is one of the major growth areas of TUI Group.
In 2018, TUI’s Tours & Activities division acquired Musement, a leading traveltech start-up. Following a two-year transition period, both became one fully integrated business – known as TUI Musement – combining the global reach, strong resources and high quality in-destination service delivery of TUI, with the digital capabilities, agile working methodology and start-up mindset of Musement.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.