Digital Analytics Manager - Media Planning
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
The Digital Analytics Manager will lead the delivery of best-in-class digital insight across TUI’s digital assets, including but not limited to TUI.co.uk and firstchoice.co.uk. In an exciting and diverse role, this role will focus on driving change through digital insight for business-critical projects, such as our ventures into new products and markets.
You will be joining the company at a very exciting time, being part of the Ecommerce team, whilst working closely with the digital marketing function which is driving media neutral planning within TUI UK&I; we are at a significantly evolved point in our digital journey with an exciting roadmap ahead. In addition to being digitally focused TUI UK&I is also investing heavily in both analytics and marketing, with this also being a key focus in driving the business forward.
Our UK Head office is in Luton but TUI believes that work is something you do, not somewhere you go. We believe in offering as much flexibility to the individual on whether they work from an office or elsewhere. Of course there may be occasions when we will need you in the office for business reasons, but wherever reasonable we allow you to make the choice.
Please note the closing date for applications is : Sunday 24th October
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the GM UK Digital Analytics, as Digital Analytics Manager you will be responsible for the areas of monthly marketing channel forecasting, econometrics, longer term planning and line management of 1 direct report.
Responsibilities relating to the monthly planning include forecasting spend for each of our digital channels to calculate target volumes and clicks. This process includes reviewing these targets against the overall business requirements, reviewing where brand channels can be pushed to increase conversion where necessary and liaising with commercial teams to discuss on site discount strategies. This process current uses linear regression modelling, with the model used being reviewed regularly for effectiveness.
Econometrics is another key responsibility, ensuring TUI maximise the benefits of the insights provided by the econometrics work. This includes data gathering for the external business science team, reviewing the outputs from their work, planning presentations of the findings and ensuring the recommendations are incorporated in the short and long term plans. This role is the key TUI UK contact for econometrics, requiring strong management of the external relationship, models and tools used, and liaising with the wider TUI group econometrics developments.
Longer term planning includes the ownership of the quarterly planning meeting, and responsibility for the 1 year and 3 year digital marketing plans. The quarterly meeting allows the TUI DR and brand team to meet with the external brand planning, DR planning and the business science teams and review the upcoming quarter and begin planning to capitalise on early booking fees and also acknowledge major upcoming key events.
The 1 and 3 year plan processes involve working closely with finance, web and senior marketing stakeholders to provide a clear long term digital marketing plan for all channels. This plan needs to utilise the econometrics findings, and align with the overall business targets.
The digital analytics manager will need to keep up do date with day to day trading and channel activities to enable forecasts and recommendations to be as accurate as possible. The role also involves working closely with the Senior Digital Marketing Planning Manager and other key stakeholders across the marketing channels.
- Digital analytics experience, ideally in a data driven marketing environment
- Experience in using enterprise level analytics solutions –Tableau, R/Python, Adobe Analytics, Google analytics
- Proven internal and external stakeholder management abilities with ability to educate and drive change
- Collaboration with external marketing functions to ensure industry knowledge and innovations are known and updated
- Self-starter and ability to lead projects
- Numerate and analytical mind-set with a focus on the commercial benefits of making changes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including ability to communicate complex data effectively to a variety of audiences via a variety of means (visual, verbal and written)
- Interest in the travel industry and digital technology/developments
- Understanding of digital data collection techniques and limitations
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application is important to us and we aim to get back to you shortly after the closing date