Customer Data Architect (m/f/d) - Marketing, Sales & Common Analytics
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
*The position is based in Hanover / Germany but can also be managed remotely from another city in Germany or from one of our EU / UK locations.*
*Feel free to apply in English or German.*
We are looking for a talented and dedicated leader to join the newly formed Marketing, Sales and Common Analytics technology.
The Data Architect role in the Domain has the responsibility for the data architecture landscape of the Customer & Booking Data and oversees key technical and design decisions through to implementation. You work in close collaboration with Heads of, Technology Leads, Engineers and others with a shared responsibility for the overall business outcomes for your area. You act as your domain’s spokesperson in senior analytical technical engagements with other domains. You are an advocate of state-of-the-art data architecture within the domain and well-connected within the global analytics communities.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Data Architect you will be responsible for the design and steering the creation of data driven platforms and data solutions, collaboration with other domains on common principles and supporting TUI’s strategic goals.
- You will champion policies, standards and practices and help define and execute the analytics strategy for TUI and each domain, using your knowledge of compliance and integrity of the business strategies. In collaboration with senior technology leaders and other architects, you will shape a vision and define strategies regarding data architecture in order to translate business opportunities and customer expectations into innovative data solutions.
- You will be identifying and implementing improvements of data driven practices in an agile environment and mapping the discrepancy between the current processes and the desired state in order to continuously innovate the IT processes and to adapt them to market trends.
- You will maintain a strong understanding of the bigger picture, keeping yourself continuously informed of the latest innovations, technologies, patterns and practices in data warehousing, data pipelining and analytics in general.
- You will think ahead and understand the overall business context and strategy, and you will use these insights to shape the data architecture of the Marketing & Sales Analytics.
- You will ensure we have the architecture capacity, capabilities and culture to deliver business outcomes sustainably and with the right level of quality from the outset.
- You will participate in, or even driving domain-wide engineering excellence efforts and propose high impact initiatives and projects. You and your colleagues will work closely with Technology Leads, Product Owners, Engineers and Analysts in teams to continuously improve the data capabilities of TUI.
- An experienced Data Architect with passion for technology and data architecture;
- Proven track record in designing data driven solutions and the optimization of them in order to continue to develop and innovate;
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing principles, concepts and best practices (e.g. ODS, data marts, data lakes, data vault, 3NF);
- Advanced SQL, data transformation and data profiling skills;
- Extensive experience in building productionized ETL/ELT pipelines at scale;
- Hands on experience with cloud technologies for data solutions (e.g. Snowflake, DBT);
- Proficiency in translating business vision into viable data strategies and in conveying such strategies back to business stakeholders;
- Experience in working in an agile environment and able to integrate architecture practices in an agile way of working;
- Great communicator and facilitator comfortable working across organisational and market boundaries and managing senior stakeholders.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
• Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
• Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
• Attractive compensation package (e.g. pension scheme) and 30 days of paid vacation per year
• Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
• Flexible working environment
• International career and development opportunities
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.