Senior Platform Engineer (m/f/d)
Luton, Vereinigtes Königreich
Digital & Technology
Depending on local agreements
*The position is based in Hanover / Germany, but can also be managed remotely from another city in Germany or from one of our EU / UK locations.
*Feel free to apply in English or German.*
The Enabler domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible to provide practices, tools and enabling support for all other domains. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the newly formed DevOps platform team which provides the developer experience platform across TUI. The team is newly created and has currently only 4 members and is seeking for additions to shape the Developer experience at TUI.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Senior Platform Engineer (m/f/d), you will be part of a cross-functional team that provides a platform across multiple domains. Being an enthusiast in cloud engineering and development, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs and to take over full responsibility for its platform, from design to operation. You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
- You will use your deep technical skills to build and run the Developer Experience Platform as part of your team. You will use your expertise in developing and operating technical platforms at scale to enable our business development teams to work more efficiently. You guide your team to make the right choices in design and tooling and help other teams adopt your platform through direct engagement.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the teams in the Domains, relevant Practice Teams as well as the Group Enabler Teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- You are demonstrating active contribution to Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives. For this you are well-connected across the domain and within the broader TUI community.
- Programming skills at a proficient level to work with multiple software development technologies, e.g. Java, Typescript, Go, Python, Bash;
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI;
- Ability to understand and shape engineering workflows;
- Desire to build self-service capability for the platform consumers;
- Proven extensive hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and in managing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution; architecture, using a range of tools and services, infrastructure-as-code, DevSecOps and security engineering practices;
- Proven deep knowledge working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment and defining, developing and rolling out technical operations processes and new services across teams and markets;
- Compelling coaching and training skills for imparting professional software engineering skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills;
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g. like described in the ACM Code of Ethics).
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
- Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
- Attractive compensation package
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Flexible working environment
- International career and development opportunities
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Fragen zum Job? Ich beantworte sie gerne.
Bitte beachten: Ausschließlich für Rückfragen. Bewerbungen werden nur online über das Bewerberportal angenommen.