Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Depending on local agreements
*The position can be managed from any of our EU / UK locations.*
Working as part of a new matrix team across the Group, as a Senior BI Analyst (m/f/d) within our Marketing, Sales and Service BI team you will be responsible for leading the measurement of our key performance indicators across a suite of dashboards. Using sales data, customer data and web data you will provide meaningful commercial insights and recommendations for key stakeholders around the business.
You will be part of the transformation from source-market specific to group reporting, be a go-to-person, effectively coaching users to self-serve key business insights to support strategic decision making.
Within the new team, as a Senior BI analyst you have a fantastic opportunity for you to shape BI within Marketing Sales and Service and work closely with members of the Board to drive Insight and awareness across the Group. You will need excellent communication and influencing skills to bring multiple and varied stakeholders across source markets and group together, as well as manage dependencies to drive a timely delivery of dashboards and analysis in line with the project roadmap you will ultimately own.
ABOUT THE JOB
Marketing Sales & Service
- Liaise & build strong relationships with key stakeholders across Marketing, Sales & Service within Source Markets and Group. Understand their business problems, consult with them on relevant KPIs, agree standardisation principles where appropriate and recommend the most fit-for-purpose data, dashboards, views and visualisations
- Proactively identifying business problems, you will be able to take an idea from inception through to implementation in a commercially relevant way
- Using excellent communication and influencing skills you’ll be able to effectively translate technical solutions to a variety of non-technical stakeholders with business relevance that incites change and builds team credibility
- Take ownership of the delivery roadmap, defining and prioritising business requirements in line with stakeholder needs and data dependencies
- Coordinate with data teams in Group and source markets to ensure that we have the breadth and quality of data required to standardise reporting across markets
- Request and manage requirements for changes and new value-adding data sources as needed
- Lead the data preparation for dashboarding including joining different data sources and quality assurance
Dashboards and Insight
- Lead the design, build and maintenance of timely, insightful and engaging reports, self-service dashboards and ad-hoc analysis to provide measurement of our sales performance across markets, sales channels, customer segments and product categories with the objective of driving informed decision-making
- Provide first-level support by training the business in the use of our dashboards and the relevant KPIs to promote a data-driven mindset into the organisation
- Continually seek to develop best practices of usability and performance as well as dashboard design and visualization in close cooperation with IT and the global analytics community
- Relevant Master’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience in fields such as Data Analytics, Business Administration, Economics or a Science discipline including applied statistical knowledge
- Several years of experience of engaging with technical and non-technical users to gather, understand and document business requirements, produce appropriate reports and visualisations with cloud analytics platforms like Tableau
- Proven ability to lead analytical projects and manage delivery to a broad group of stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to turn business questions into data questions
- Experience of using insight to tell compelling, customer-led stories that drive strategic decisions and demand change within the business
- Experience analysing large data volumes using tools such as SQL
- Advanced commercial understanding – ideally with an understanding of Controlling/Finance/Sales or expertise in Customer data
- Self-starter with the ability to collaborate and excel in an international, matrix environment
- Ability to empower others to understand and use data to make key business decisions
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills coupled with sound commercial awareness
- Excellent presentation and storytelling skills with the ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences in a clear and engaging way
ABOUT OUR OFFER
• Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
• Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
• Attractive compensation package
• Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
• Flexible working environment
• International career and development opportunities
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.